General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 Honda Accord Motor Mounts Torque Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 06:57 PM
Default 2011 Honda Accord Motor Mounts Torque Settings

Hello,

First post and hoping somebody can help-

Replacing the front and rear motor mount in wife's car this weekend and wondering what the torque settings are. I called the dealership, but he just stated 40lbs.
By front, mount near radiator and rear, next to the firewall.

The bolts to chassis, plus the single bolt to the engine, are all 40lbs?

2011 Accord EX, 4 DR, 2.4 Auto

Any info will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Al

Old 08-19-2022, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

On the 2010 manual, all bolts to frame are 40. The front through is 40. The rear through is 59 ftlb.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:45 PM

Well, that was an interesting project, not sure I ever want to tackle that again. I ended up changing all the mounts, figured if one was bad, the others were bad or about to go out. Dealer wanted over $1500 in labor.
Ended up losing one nut and a motor mount bolt somewhere in the engine compartment, never found them. I think I spent 2 hrs just looking for these missing parts.

Front mount was torn/ both transmission mounts were shot/ rear mount was still intact, but started to tear.

One of my biggest concerns was how some of these bolts were so hard to remove. I don't know the name of the part, but its the aluminum bracket that holds the rear mount to the motor, has four bolts. The two shorter bolts broke free and I was able to spin out
by hand. The two long bolts, something wasn't right. Once I was able to break them free, they were so hard to remove. Kept thinking, Why am I using so much force to loosen a bolt, did the manufacture cross thread it? After I removed it, I didn't see any shavings.

The bottom long bolt has me worried though. As I put it back in, it was so hard to turn (I used anti-seize lube), I have probably have a 1/2" of space before the bolt hits the bracket, but it feels like its going to snap in half. I ended up using a large nut as spacer.
Don't like half-assing projects, but I can't afford to have that bolt snap... I cant imagine the labor involved to fix that sh*t show.

Has anyone come across this issue... loosening bolts requiring force?