General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Accord EX Coupe Power Steering Creaking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 10:36 PM
Default That's terrible news!!

Originally Posted by Seacatlady
Same sounds coming from my cars steering. Sounds like rubber bands when i turn in either direction. Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow since i just purchased it this month and it is still under factory warranty and certified preowned. We will see...

UPDATE: Thurs Nov 13. The shop called and said they are going to replace a cable that was rubbing and generating the sounds. The part is ordered and the repair should be completed by Friday afternoon or Saturday. At least the shop is trying to alleviate the issue and I hope it fixes the irritating sound.

UPDATE: Dec 29, 2014: The Honda dealer replaced the cable (no charge) however, that did not fix the issue. I guess I'll have to get over it and drive on.

Thanks for the updates!! Did you ever pinpoint issue?

Just bought a 2008 Honda accord EX-L V6 with the exact same issue...it's metal creaking sound while turning the wheel left to right and it's very loud while steering left to right driving slow or while in park. It's truly embarrassing, LAST TIME I EVER BUY HONDA!!!

Old 07-15-2021, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Just bought 08 Accord V6
Just bought a 2008 Honda accord EX-L V6 with the exact same issue...it's metal creaking sound while turning the wheel left to right and it's very loud while steering left to right driving slow or while in park. It's truly embarrassing, LAST TIME I EVER BUY HONDA!!!
So let me get this straight, you just bought a 13 year old Honda with an unknown number of miles on it and with an unknown service history, and now you you're never going to buy a Honda again? I don't suppose you'd care to share the pearls of wisdom which brought you to that conclusion.