General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2014 Accord Turn Signal comes on with headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:12 AM
Default 2014 Accord Turn Signal comes on with headlights

My wife has a 2014 Accord Sport. 32,000 miles. It is usually only driven during the day, in good weather. No winter driving.
She hit a deer in November and suffered damage to the front passenger side.
She drove it in the rain the other day, and when she turned on the headlights, the right turn indicator came on.
If she turns on the left turn indicator, the left turn indicator in the cluster blinks, and the lights blink.
But when she turns on the right turn indicator, the light in the cluster stays on, and doesn't blink.
If she shuts the headlights off, everything works normal.

I pulled the front signal lamp out of the socket, and the turn indicator in the instrument cluster goes out.
So it seems to be related to the front turn lamp/wires.
I don't remember turning on the turn signal to see how it behaved after removing the lamp.

I noticed the drivers side turn lamp has different colored wires. Red, blue, or something.
The passenger side lamp has three yellow wires, which makes me think it was replaced when the car was repaired.
Does anyone know what the wire colors are supposed to be?

I'm at work and the car is at home, so I am trying to troubleshoot online.
Does this sound like a grounding/short issue, or an MICU issue?

Thanks in advance. If anyone has any suggestions to try for troubleshooting, I can text my wife and have her do it.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

The right side turn signal connector was replaced. Probably should bring it back to the repair shop since it was accident related. Generally, insurance companies will cover or back-up subsequent issues arising from accident repairs.