General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2017 Touring Dash Light Errors Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Default 2017 Touring Dash Light Errors Help

So Saturday I hit a hidden pit hole and blew my passenger front tire right outside my townhome complex. Got it to my driveway and put on the donut. The dealership couldn’t get my tire until today so I’ve been driving my second vehicle until today to get my tire changed. Started my car to head to dealership and every single light on the dash is on relating to the safety features and every one is saying problem, then just continually scrolls through every feature saying problem. TPMS, ABS, ACC, LKAS, Brake Mitigation, etc. every single one flashing problem. No check engine light or anything like that. What is the problem? Nothing was wrong until I blew my tire and put on spare. I didkt disconnect battery or any of that, just the spare. Did me hitting a pot hole blow my electrical system? Is the spare being on the front just sending warnings the car can tell it’s the donut and after replacing the tire they will go away? Anybody have any insight?

Old 08-27-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Over the web I can't rule out other damage from the pothole hit, but I bet most (maybe all) the warnings will go away when you get the wheel/tire back on.

TPMS because the tire-pressure sensor isn't there - it's in the trunk without any air in the tire.

ABS will recognize the difference in diameter because that wheel is spinning faster with the small donut spare.

Pretty sure all the other things will trigger because the wheel-speed-sensors (for the ABS system) are showing confusing data for that one corner.

Wait for the wheel/tire to be fixed then see what happens. Since you're going to the dealership for that, they can tell you if any of those warnings come from additional damage from the hit.