General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

90 accord coupe EX 2.2 Auto ? on removal of transmission computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Default 90 accord coupe EX 2.2 Auto ? on removal of transmission computer

Hello as you all may or may not know the transmission computer is known to go bad on 90-91 accords. That is the computer box that controls the transmission and when it is bad your S light blinks funny. Well when I was going to to install this box I was having a serious problem with 1 aspect of the install process and that is where hopefully one of you people can advise/help me.
When you go to remove the carpet on the passengers side it pulls back fine on your right side but when you go to pull/remove the carpet back on the left side near the radio it won't pull back. It is as though there is a screw or staple holding it down/in there. My question is what is holding the left side of the passenger side carpet in so good when you go to pull it back to change the transmission computer? I can't see or find what is holding it in there i.e. staple, screw, or clip? Please help as this is puzzling me and I would like to know the proper way to pull the carpet back on the left side as it gets stuck. Thanks for your answers/help with this question.
Dave

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like there is a plastic fastener clip that is under the plastic for the radio.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Default follow up ?

Thanks for answering back do you know how to remove it? Is there a easy way to do it that you can recommend? Thanks DAve

Originally Posted by PAhonda
It looks like there is a plastic fastener clip that is under the plastic for the radio.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like the center console and the center part of the dash (radio bezel) would have to be removed.

Look at that shop manual that is referenced by Jim to see the procedure. The procedure should be under the body section.