General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

91' Accord LX..The DD beast. She's got clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Default 91' Accord LX..The DD beast. She's got clutch issues

Hello all,

I use my 91' LX as my daily and the day before Xmas 2015 the clutch felt weird. The peddle didn't come back up all the way a few times. Over the next 24 hrs it slowly got worse and resulting in the clutch peddle not coming up off the floor.

I troubleshot it (youtube, other online research) led me to believe the slave cylinder was bad. Sure enough, it was. The rubber boot had a huge tear in it. Master was fine, no leaking.

Soooo I purchased a new one and replaced it. Finally got it bled properly to where the clutch feels the same as it always has. But the car still won't start. All the wires are plugged back in.

Now when I was doing this I had to remove the radiator but didn't remove it completely, just removed the upper hose and undid the two wire connectors and then laid the radiator on the top of the engine. Not the best but wasn't in the mood to completely remove it.

Obviously anti-freeze got everywhere and made a mess. Unsure if it soaked a electronic part, shorting something out but the car tries to turn over. Almost if the rotor is bad in the distributor. I removed the cap and it was dry.

Car still won't start. Is there any adjustments under the dash that need to be done?

Old 01-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Need to break this down.

When you turn the key to "on" - does the cel come on for a few seconds and then go off.

Verify that you are getting fuel to the fuel rail.

Are you getting spark on all of the plugs.