General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 Accord LX coupe problems (DOOR)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 93 Accord LX coupe problems (DOOR)

I have multiple problems with the driver side door on my car.

Problem 1 - When I open the door, the lights do not go on, the chime does not sound and the indicator on the dash does not show that the door is open.

Problem 2 - My window does not stay on track. Because it is a coupe, there is some sort of rivet that holds the back side of the windo in a track. The original rivet popped out quite a while ago and so if I want to close the window and have it seal itself, as best as possible, I have to be on the outside of the car guiding it with my hand.
This was not the start of the problem. I believe something happened to the alignment or something because the front of the window is what has not been on track for quite a while longer. I have a hard time even keeping it on the inside of the rubber. If it goes on the outside of the rubber track (the visible portion) it will jam up and I have to try again.
I bought a new rivet piece but I have no idea how to put this stuff together.

I will pay someone to come and fix it. CORRECTLY

Problem 3- My door lock is not working. It slowly went bad on me and I was wondering if I could take it to a locksmith. I know those guys can work magic. I don't want to deal with having to have keys matched or locks matched or anything. I would prefer to keep my original, if possible, but I don't know the internals of locks so perhaps if they go bad - they really go bad.I justdon't know.

Problem 4 -A very poor driver was pulling in front of my car which was parekd on the street.She was trying to park as well. Well somehow she managed to turn a little too soon and she hit my car - relatively lightly considering the damage. Anyway, the most significant damage is the dent in the lower portion of the door. It is not creased so its not destroyed. It is just a large, at least 6" wide, dent. I want to know if there is an easy way to pull those out.
I have tried on other cars before and the dent never comes out. I can push it out but it remembers the new spot.

I know this is a lot of questions but please help. My car is nearly mint condition except for this crap.

thanks

Brandon

lilskul@aol.com

Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 93 Accord LX coupe problems (DOOR)

your location?

Old 06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

HondaDude, from his profile it looks like he lives in Cleveland, OH.

Brandon, put the year and model of your Accord in your signature.

Problem 1: There is a sensor on the door that is not working or just stuck.

Problem 2: You will have to adjust the window glass. Go to the DIY Section, then online manuals and click on the hondahookup link. Find an electronic verision of the shop manual for your car or one that is the same generation accord. They have a procedure to adjust the glass so it slides properly.

Problem 3: How is the door lock not working? If frozen, I would spray WD-40 or PB-Blast in the keyhole to work it loose.

Problem 4: I'll leave this one up to others to talk about, because I don't do body work too often, and I'm not picky since my Accord is getting up there in age.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ORIGINAL: PAhonda
Problem 3: How is the door lock not working? If frozen, I would spray WD-40 or PB-Blast in the keyhole to work it loose.
Mission accomplished. So far so good. I am going to put a little oil in there to see if it helps out some more. Otherwise, IT WORKS