General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 Accord Manual??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Thank you Poor Man - I realized this was a stupid place to put it, but was new to navigating around - should I delete it here now so I don't have to follow two spots?

Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 AM

lol@Poor Man - thanks for having my back!!! I see you are military - THANK YOU for your service, my daughter is married to a SSG in the Army - they just got back from 3 years in Italy, now in NC (Bragg).

Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Have you got the cylinder out yet?

Rotate the plastic clip off the rod before trying to pull the rod out.

After the bolt (10mm socket) is removed, you may have to slightly twist the cylinder to remove it.

Attached Thumbnails 93 Accord Manual??-trunk-cylinder-lock.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 12-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

If you are going back to the locksmith with the trunk cylinder lock, ask the locksmith if the key code on the trunk cylinder is different than the glove box. I would have thought they should be the same.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 AM

Red Bull - I haven't gotten it off, it's hard to get at, and seems "stuck". Also want to know if that's going to make a difference - will there be a key code on there, one that will work????

Ugh - have to run some errands now, have an appointment at 1pm too - will check back here later.

Thanks all!!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

The key code should be on the cylinders.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Butterfly49
Thank you Poor Man - I realized this was a stupid place to put it, but was new to navigating around - should I delete it here now so I don't have to follow two spots?
Don't delete anything, I moved it leaving a re-direct (that way you could follow it to the new spot) that will expire in a week. So you don't need to do anything besides update the thread here as you go along.

Originally Posted by Butterfly49
lol@Poor Man - thanks for having my back!!! I see you are military - THANK YOU for your service, my daughter is married to a SSG in the Army - they just got back from 3 years in Italy, now in NC (Bragg).
That is part of my job as a Mod, looking after the site and the members on it. Every now and then I try to help someone as well , as do the other members as well.

That pic/avatar is of my oldest son just after graduating from OCS - USMC. He was the pass in a car that was in an accident, he was killed just over a year ago. So having his picture there/here is my way of paying tribute/remembering him.

Tell your son-in-law "thank you" for his service from me/us.

Bragg is about an hour south of me, one of the other Mod's is stationed there now as well. Of course he doesn't get a chance to post much anymore but is on when he can.

I did send you an e-mail with the pic so between that and what Redbull posted you should be good to go on getting the trunk lock out. If not let us know and if you can post a pic of where you are stuck that will help.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

A few years ago, I was still able to get the key cut from my old 95 accord at the dealership. I would call a few other nearby honda dealerships to ask if they can cut the key based on the VIN.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Okay all you wonderful helpers/mods - I got the trunk lock cylinder out, it was just a little "stuck", but I got it out and managed to remove the rod without breaking anything so far!

I will bring the glove box cylinder AND the trunk cylinder in together - if they were the same, the key should open the trunk too, but it doesn't. I'm praying the code is found (I see something on there, is this a code? B3M2)

Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM

UPDATE: Trunk and Glove Box key codes ARE the same, but the trunk lock won't budge (possibly due to corrosion). Still no reason for the ignition not to work UNLESS it's been changed over the years??? If that is the case, what is my next step - Have a locksmith come to the car, or try to remove the cylinder?? #whatamess

Quick Reply: 93 Accord Manual??