General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 accord LX absolutely no brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 02:06 AM
Default 94 accord LX absolutely no brakes

It became quite apparent that I had no problem somewhere by the Number of pounds I was having to add brake fluid up to the sudden mini heart attack of TO THE FLOOR at the stop sign‼️ Inspecting, I clearly see that I have a leak in the back at the rear brake/axle line. It seems to have rusted and clearly will have to be replaced. I know nothing whatsoever about this repair but I also have no money to put it in the shop therefore I have to figure it out. Can i buy this piece from a junkyard? Is it hard to change out? Is there an easier way? Sigh... Thank you in advance for any input

Old 10-14-2020, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

First you'll have to find where the leak is exactly.

There's some short rubber hoses that connect to the rear brakes (either 1 or 2 each side depending on whether the car has ABS). Those may have leaked, which might be an easier fix.

Otherwise the steel tubes have rusted through. Again depending on ABS or not, you might have to replace the steel tube that run under the floor to the engine compartment.

Then you'll have to bleed the brake fluid to remove all air bubbles from the system. Have you ever done that before?

If you're just having to figure out how to repair it, I'm going to say that the brake system isn't the thing for a beginner to be learning on. What kind of repairs have you done on your car before?