General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Honda Accord Passenger Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

It is the switch inside of the car that you can adjust the dash brightness. It is to the left of the steering column above the change holder.

You shouldn't just replace a part, because we make a suggestion. You really should test the part first.

For example, with the key out of the ignition switch, pry out the dimmer switch and unplug it. Get a piece of wire and connect the wire between the red and black wire. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the II position. Turn on the headlight. The dash lights should turn on to their brightest setting.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by cnicole
well head lights are fixed but only because I put a highbeam in the low beams spot. fixed the dimness of the low beam lol. now they are perfect.

HOWEVER the dash lights still arent working consistantly. So if it is a dimmer switch u say right? how much are those and where do I change it at??

LOL sorry I am a recently divorced woman that has no idea about the car stuff.. Thanks everyone for the help.
Are you sure that someone hasn't previously put a highbeam in the OTHER low beam socket?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You shouldn't just replace a part, because we make a suggestion. You really should test the part first.
YES- Sorry I wasn't clear. I should have put that differently....Test the dash dimmer switch. Shouldn't replace something just on a suggestion-that could get very expensive

If you're going to be doing this kind of stuff more. I would suggest getting a simple volt meter, I've seen some that don't cost much. A test light is ok but sometimes the difference between 10 volts and 12 volts can mean all the difference in the world.