General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 throwing abs code 5-2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 01:35 PM
Default JimBlake

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Inspect any wiring harness modifications, since the car was running well for a few months.

I'll look at the ELD circuit, but let us know the voltage at the fuse box + and - wires when the engine is off and when running.

If you have the free 94 shop manual that is available on the web or purchased one, locate and clean every ground you can find in the engine bay. Also clean the connectors for the battery posts.
Hey !So i had a friend help me with checking the circuit an am waiting for him to get back to me about what the voltage was and i did find in the one of my manuals i have 3 but ones for 89-90 honda. Any ways i was reading about the codes for the ABS . In it it said that if im throwing a code that wasn't listed, 52 or 5-2 is what im getting ,then i need new ECU uggg. Needless to say i have one coming be here no later then the 25th. Its a P0A A01 vtec 5 speed tested and guaranteed. Im hoping this will be the fix but somehow i just have this feeling. Ill let you know the voltage and how it goes. Thank you so much for you help. You are greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Google CD7_CD9.pdf. The wedophones link should be second on the list and will give you a 94 shop manual this is pretty much identical to your 95 accord as a free pdf.

Recheck the codes. The ABS light should turn on for 2 seconds, then off for 2 seconds. Then a main code should flash quickly, then a 1 second pause, then the sub-code will flash quickly. There will be a 5 second pause, then the next code will flash. I think the codes will repeat.

If you have an abs code 5-2, and that code does not exist, then the abs control module is the issue. The ECU would not need replaced in this case, because the ECU has nothing to do with the ABS.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:11 PM
Default Fixed my car finely.

Originally Posted by LWhite
thank you i will look that up . And my Ecu is P0A A01. I appreciate your insight. Ill let you know what happens next. Lol .and it took a coulpe months before it started giveing me issues. About the time everything should have settled.lol
Fixed as it turns out you were right the main groud right were you indicted was not secure. That and fuel filter.. runs like a champ. Thank you