General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 accord door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:28 AM
jbt308
Unregistered
Default RE: 98 accord door lock issues

You're absolutely right, I think I got a bit carried away as I was reading the replies. Haven't taken the door apart yet, was going to do that omorrow. The thing that's really weird is that when I first goet the car a week ago, everything worked for about 3 days, then all of a sudden, the drivers door lock started acting odd.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Pepe007
Unregistered
Default RE: 98 accord door lock issues

I have the same problem..
I disconnected the ground for the right side windows.. while replacing the cabin air filter behind the glove box.
Now.. My driver door main lock/unlock does not work.. all four door locks click" but will not move
fully up or down.
My remote will not open the driver side door. or any other... ON cold mornings, I do get the drivers side to open..

I have tried the wiper setting to half.. Key on, (dash lights on) then off and tried the driver side switch.. NoGo.
Tired pulling the 7.5 Amp fuse under hood pasenger side.. (read this was the wiper reserve) for 15 sec. and re-installed..
Driver switch still does not work.
Any time I do try the remote, or door switch.. I get the clicking sound at each door and under the glove box too. but still do not work.

I have re-programed the remote with the (four-cycles of the ignition) and then the remote transmitting.. It works okay, cause I get the clicking sound and the trunk does open.

All I can guess would be the third of three control multiplexer under the glove box, the one that transmitts the final cammand to actuate the door soilinoinds up or down.

Any suggestions?

ElMe

Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jbt308

I tried that intermittent wiper thing, but my INT ring doesn't have hi/mid/low, it's more of an analog in that you can set it to various postions.

I was thinking of just unplugging the battery for a few hours or so, will that do anything?

Thanks for any help
Have same issue, i want to try also this method but I don’t have the ring thats control intermittent wiper i only have (same with jbt308) int/low/high, is there any way?

Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Default It worked~!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chiovnidca
Turn the key off, move the intermittent wiper control to the middle possition and then turn the key on. Does that get everything working?
I had this same problem earlier today. I was out ant about and noticed that my power door locks wouldn't work. So I tried looking around for the fuses and found nothing. Well in my 98 Honda I couldn't even find a power lock fuse. But I started looking around on google and it lead me to this thread. I tried your suggestion and it WORKED. I was like WOW!!!

So this is the main reason I signed up for this forum. Thanks for saving me a headache.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

HAHAha, even resurrecting a really old thread, it's nice to know that we helped somehow. Thanks for posting.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Had my transmission rebuilt, they had to charge my battery, now my power door locks are not working,when trying to unlock doors only, rear driver side unlocks, but I hear a click in all the other doors but they won't unlock, only rear driver's side locks and unlocks, what could be the problem and what should I do?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

They were working fine before the work?

Old 05-28-2014, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
They were working fine before the work?
yes they were, then I noticed a like gray plug sort of thing hanging with wires under the left side close to were the emergency brake is!!!!

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'd first go back to the shop and explain the situation.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Default honda accord, door locks

Originally Posted by poorman212
I'd first go back to the shop and explain the situation.
Ok, will certainly do that, because I suspect that he didn't connect everything when he charged my battery, or was fixing my transmission, because, when I try the trick to reset, with intermittent it doesn't work, also were it says maintenance required, it has the battery light on also, the gas icon, plus when car doors are closed, the dash says there open.