General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC Condenser Dead - Dealer Says Non-Warranty!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: AC Condenser Dead - Dealer Says Non-Warranty!!

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

The only downside is if the insurance pays (appears likely in this case), you will be responsible for the deductible.
And higher insurance rates.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 PM

very possible...though they do say that this wont impact your rates...

00accordlx5spd...if that is the case, then why do i have to report comprehensive claims when i quote rates?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 AM

All insurance companies differ on whether they increase your rates or not based on comp(or any type of other auto)claims. I am in claims though and rate increases are up to the underwriters and raters. I have never really been able to get a straight answer from anybody (underwriters or raters)on rate increases. Usually the generic "It depends" is the answer I get. I would imagine if you are reporting 3 or 4 comp claims a year you would be getting your rates increased, but if you only had, say 1 claim a year or every 2 years, your rates should not increase. If they do, you should switch insurance companies. Especially since road debris is not really "your fault" unless you are purposely running over stuff. But also a lot of times rate increases don't necessarily depend on fault either. Someone who is incredibly accident prone, even if they do not have a single "at fault" claim is probably going to get a rate increase. From my understanding, rate increases are mostly based on frequency & severity of claims as opposed to "at fault" or not.

So, to answer your question smaglik, those companies quoting you are looking for frequency and severity of your past claims to give you a rate.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
HondaNH
Unregistered

Update:
Honda split the cost of the service with me and the dealer reimbursed me the labor in cash and a service credit. In end when you add up the reimbursements and credits - a collective (they) paid me $84 bucks to get my car fixed. That's GREAT service and more validation that there is a real problem with such a fragile part and/or design flaw. With just a little persistance "they" were willing to assist me. For future reference, the comparison of a condenser to a windshield is very poor - they tried to pull that one on me, no such luck.

Best of luck with all of your Hondas!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
HondaNH
Unregistered

Update:
Honda split the cost of the service with me and the dealer reimbursed me the labor in cash and a service credit. In end when you add up the reimbursements and credits - a collective (they) paid me $84 bucks to get my car fixed. That's GREAT service and more validation that there is a real problem with such a fragile part and/or design flaw. With just a little persistance "they" were willing to assist me. For future reference, the comparison of a condenser to a windshield is very poor - they tried to pull that one on me, no such luck.

Best of luck with all of your Hondas!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM

thanks for the update. glad to hear it all worked out. what was the tipping point? how did you get them to see it your way?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 PM
HondaNH
Unregistered

Persistance and being up-front about my needs for reimbursement (or why I thought this was a warranty issue). I also was always professional, sent 3 faxes to the attention of the VP, and only spoke with supervisors. I needed a good faith gesture from Honda and the dealership, and I got it. I would definitely buy another Honda and use this dealership again now.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:08 AM

I'm glad they stepped up. They went above and beyond the call which would suremake me consider the brand again when new car shopping in the future.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 AM

I love how people quickly change thier tune about the dealership when they finally get what they want. It never fails... BTW glad it all worked out for ya