General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord 2006 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Accord 2006 Brakes

It's not always a Honda thing. My '95 Integra GSR didn't do it. Neither the '98 Accord. Only the '03 Accord. Daughter likes it, & that's her car, so I guess...? But I don't like it.

(Not a BMW thing either. I had a '74 that didn't do that... LOL)

Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
dmillard
Unregistered

This is my 4th Honda, I love em and have converted other family members to Honda. I understand the sensitivity and getting used to it theory but that is not the case here. Please tell me that someone else also has the same problem. By the time Idrive to the dealer the problem is gone, or at least liveable.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
dmillard
Unregistered

I am afraid that I wasn't clear in my first post.
Periodically (maybe once a week) my breaks act up badly. It is usually after sittng for hours. When you touch the breaks they lock up and also make a grinding noise. After a few times they return to normal.
My brakes are also too touchy espescially at low speeds, (but liveable). I finally convinced Honda to do something. The Store Manager and one of the techs agree that there is a problem. We'll see this week.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yeah they can be touchy at first... but once you get used to them (and if you have ABS) you shouldn't worry about flying into the windshield...

It's not something that's entirely crazy that you can't adapt to, fortunately.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you'd wear your seatbelt, you won't have to worry about hitting the windshield. I have an EX-V6 with Brembo sport-drilled rotors, Hawk HPS pads and a full race-track suspension. My braking feels perfect! It seems like the braking just doesn't fit the style that you are looking for. Maybe you should try a harder pad compound so it will slide a little ..... like a full ceramic pad.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 AM
dmillard
Unregistered

After going above the service manger to the store manager, I've got both the manager and a technician to agree that my brakeswere not normal. So they took it in for service. On the front, they adjusted a tension rod within the caliper, installed new brakes, turned the rotors. Then noticed that the rear brakes were chattering. So they serviced them as well and replaced the rotors. Finally it seems good now. Great brakes that are responsive, but consistent so far. Definately a feel that someone could get used to.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:54 AM

I agree. The brakes and throttle are to sensitive for me. No trouble in my old Volvo. Honda did not have any solution for me. We will have to live with it.

2007 LX 4 banger

Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I bought my '06 Accord SE brand-new in August 2006 and yes, the brakes were very sensitive. I've gotten used to it and have no problems with the brakes after 39000 miles (yes I do a lot of driving!). My last car was an '01 Ford Taurus and the brakes on that car were absolutely LOUSY!!! The Front-Disc and Rear-Drum brakes on that car were not as responsive and there was a fair amount of pedal travel most of the time. During the 25 months I owned that car, I replaced the front brakes once and the rear brakes twice, only after a brake job was done did the brakes work something like theAccord, then they softened up again, well I don't have that car anymore and love the brakes on the Accord! On an unrelated note, on a recent trip to Las Vegas, I had an '08 Pontiac Grand Prix for a rental car. That car had a V6 and was able to get out of it's own way but like every GM car I've had as a rental in the past couple years, there's some kind of hesitation when you hit the gas pedal. Nothing like the Accord! My Accord is the best car I've ever driven!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM

Geez, I'm driving my brothers '05 Accord and the brakes are RIDICULOUS!!! I've driven my 94 accord 300,000 miles and the brakes are perfect. WTF is wrong with these '05 brakes. I nearly lock up the wheels everytime I stop, even focusing very hard on just lightly applying brake pressure and bam, face in the steering wheel almost. It just doesn't seem right. Anyone have any updates since '07?