General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord models

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Accord models

Sterotyping at its finest.

We think you all have bad teeth, smoke, drink tea, and say stupid things like "bloody hell", "bolix", and "tele". You brits think we're, dumb, fat, only like to drive big gas hogging v8's, and love to pick fights across the world.

It'd be a culture shock to meet someone from any place we hold a sterotype to. Not every culture or people are they way they're made out to be.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM

We have a new channel on Digital Freeview called "Dave" [ dont ask me ! ] They are showing endless old editions of Top Gear and Red Dwarf. i thought i'd died and gone to heaven.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM

My point exactly. Prejudice is rife all over the world but in some small way forums [ fora ? ] like this can give a truthful insight. Sadly, you still dont seem to get irony.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I get it. I was having a philisophical moment.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Black Adder, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and Red Dwarf are all aired on late night public ETV here. So British comedy is considered educational hehe. Now if we could just get them to play The Young Ones and Benny Hill.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: smaglik

what's your term for the old folks jim? there has to be something you say when you're stuck behind someone who cant see over the steering wheel and is going 65 in the left lane in a 75 zone and is ever so slowly passing a truck...
Yeah, that tests my patience. But half the time it's someone younger than me...

I used to say 'geezer' but I know this Brit guy who uses that term to refer to people of all ages. Even his own son (5 or 6 yrs old).

Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 AM

I was just being ironic about irony.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 AM

Benny Hill vanished from tv here as being not politically correct [ The Fascist Thought Police at work ] It broke his heart. He may have been sexist etc but by jingo, he was funny !

Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

what's your term for the old folks jim? there has to be something you say when you're stuck behind someone who cant see over the steering wheel and is going 65 in the left lane in a 75 zone and is ever so slowly passing a truck...

I used to say 'geezer' but I know this Brit guy who uses that term to refer to people of all ages. Even his own son (5 or 6 yrs old).
Probably a cockney so strictly speaking not a Brit. Nobody born south of the Yorkshire [ heaven on earth ] border can claim to be a true Brit, just some mongrel breed.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: academic

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Probably a cockney so strictly speaking not a Brit. Nobody born south of the Yorkshire [ heaven on earth ] border can claim to be a true Brit, just some mongrel breed.
Wow. Not sure, butI think he IS from Yorkshire...

Quick Reply: Accord models