General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Alloy wheel paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dscoll
Redbull-1 Your memtion of the "spare wheel" is not good. My car does not have a spare wheel (i didn't believe it either) , so the colour could also be different. I've looked at the various kit's and i don't think it's the best approach. Thanks anyway.
In the U.S.; many Hondas come with a compact spare wheel (Pilots, CR-Vs, etc. have a regular full spare wheel). It is a steel wheel and is to be used temporarily. It is smaller than a regular wheel and both the wheel and the tire on it is thinner. Additionally, for safety reasons, it is not recommended to not to exceed 50 mph (80 km/h).

Thanks for the part number, where did you get it from? The reason i ask is that my wheels are not painted, so there is no paint part number. I will investigate this further.
I have a 2009 Accord EX (US), that number was provided to me by someone else. I have it and used it on my own alloy wheels for touch-up. It is very easy to scrap the wheels on the 8th generation Accords. Many aluminum alloy wheels has a surface finish that may include some color in them, that Honda paint color is one of the closest to it on the U.S. versions.

The link doesn't work for me. I get "Generic error", i've tried several times. The Halfords site works and its Halfords.com not Halfords.co.uk but maybe there's something else wrong. I tried putting "catalogId_10151" and "productId_156235" into the halfords search box but i got 1000's of hits. Can you please tell me exactly what you enetered into the Halfords search box. Thanks.
This forum site rules do not allow live links, that is why I add quotation marks. Copy and paste without quotation marks (" ") to view link.

Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheel paint-compact-spare.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Here is a picture of how the OEM alloy wheel looks like on the 2009 U.S. Accord.

Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheel paint-alloy-wheel.jpg   Alloy wheel paint-touch-up-paint.jpg  
Old 10-20-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Here is a picture of how the OEM alloy wheel looks like on the 2009 U.S. Accord.
Hm here's a picture of my wheel. The actual wheels are very similar but not identicle. The colour could be the same but it's hard to tell because i think your photo is slightly in the shade, mines not, so yours looks darker. What do you think?
Attachment 5828

Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheel paint-tn_dscf0056.jpg  

Last edited by dscoll; 10-20-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM

In the U.S.; many Hondas come with a compact spare wheel (Pilots, CR-Vs, etc. have a regular full spare wheel). It is a steel wheel and is to be used temporarily. It is smaller than a regular wheel and both the wheel and the tire on it is thinner. Additionally, for safety reasons, it is not recommended to not to exceed 50 mph (80 km/h).

I have a 2009 Accord EX (US), that number was provided to me by someone else. I have it and used it on my own alloy wheels for touch-up. It is very easy to scrap the wheels on the 8th generation Accords. Many aluminum alloy wheels has a surface finish that may include some color in them, that Honda paint color is one of the closest to it on the U.S. versions.

This forum site rules do not allow live links, that is why I add quotation marks. Copy and paste without quotation marks (" ") to view link.
I've found the problem. Somehow your link has acquired an unwanted space.
You have :
productId_15 6235
it should be
productId_156235
Anyway the link now works and my local Halfords stocks the paint, I just need to decide if it matches my wheel (see later post for picture of my wheel). I'll certainly give it a try though. Thanks again.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

It appears your Accords are like our Acura TSX. In the U.S., Honda has their luxury version of the Honda, which is an Acura.

"http://www.caradvice.com.au/20904/2009-honda-accord-euro-review/"

It hard for me to tell from the pictures whether the color on the Acura wheels are the same as the Honda.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:44 AM

It appears your Accords are like our Acura TSX. In the U.S., Honda has their luxury version of the Honda, which is an Acura.

"http://www.caradvice.com.au/20904/2009-honda-accord-euro-review/"

It hard for me to tell from the pictures whether the color on the Acura wheels are the same as the Honda.
Redbull, I've never heard of the Acura but it's definetly my car. Could you possibly post another picture of your wheel out of the shade to see if the colours the same , thanks.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

It's still dark where I am, it's early morning. However, all these pictures are taken inside my enclosed garage.

These two shots just taken, are with flash. The previous one was without flash in the shade of the garage.

Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheel paint-wheel-shot.jpg   Alloy wheel paint-wheel-shot-2.jpg  
Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for this..

Redbull-1, a little brake dust on those rims... I had to look real hard for something...just looking for a little fun_might give her a bath this weekend. Thanks as always for helping my friend.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Well, i've bought the Honda blade Metallic paint from Halfords ,suggested by Redbull. Me and the uninterested teenage assistant thought it looked a pretty close match. I've done the filler (Isopron Metallic) and im waiting for it to dry. I've never done any car repairs before so im not that confident , but if it all goes pear shaped i can always take it to the professionals. I'll post a picture when it's all done, thanks for the advice.
DS

Old 11-11-2011, 06:05 AM

Apologies for the late posting but i was delayed by the weather and my own incompetance. It wasn't very easy but it's done, picture attached. The hardest bit is getting the filler correct because my wheels are not flat at any point and even the curves are varying.

Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheel paint-tn_dscf0066.jpg  

Last edited by dscoll; 11-11-2011 at 06:08 AM.