General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Any ideas on this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Any ideas on this problem?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check around and keep my fingers crossed the current fan lasts until next paycheck (the Mortgage payment went in today) But if I just get the motor I think I'll be able to swimg $40 or $50 anyways.
I think I'll hang on to the old one and take it apart to see how it works I'm sure my wife will be excited about that (just kidding.)

Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Don't get her too excited or she might pop!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM

I think she would be glad if that happened. She is ready for that baby to be out of there! For any of you guys who have never experienced a pregnant wife, it is not actually 9 months, it's more like 10 months - 40 weeks is what it is supposed to be.She is at about 36 weeks now.

Anyways...back to the fan motor.
I called Advance Auto (I saw better prices onlinethan AutoZone) and they actually have Mitsuba and Nippodenso fan motors for the V6 in stock! The guy told me I probably should find out which one is in there now before I buy one. So I guess some night this week I'll pull out the motor and bring it with me to Advance. I think I'll buy some Seafoam while I'm there (Advance is the only store around here that sells it.)

Old 10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I think she would be glad if that happened. She is ready for that baby to be out of there! For any of you guys who have never experienced a pregnant wife, it is not actually 9 months, it's more like 10 months - 40 weeks is what it is supposed to be.She is at about 36 weeks now.
My wife told me to try to imagine being constipated for 9 months. Well, actually she also told me a lot of other things that I can't repeat because Desert would censor them.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:47 AM

Thanks to JimBlake & PAHonda for the ABS info. I loose enough fluid over the course of a year to need to refill & now I won't have to see the dealer. They did a complimentary refill last year, but that's only b/c they wouldn't show me how to do it. How do you get the plug out, though. I haven't looked recently, but I recollect it all looking like 1 molded piece.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: thaxman

Thanks to JimBlake & PAHonda for the ABS info. I loose enough fluid over the course of a year to need to refill & now I won't have to see the dealer. They did a complimentary refill last year, but that's only b/c they wouldn't show me how to do it. How do you get the plug out, though. I haven't looked recently, but I recollect it all looking like 1 molded piece.
I would also like to know the answer to this question.I haven't messed withthe ABS yet

Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

My wife told me to try to imagine being constipated for 9 months. Well, actually she also told me a lot of other things that I can't repeat because Desert would censor them.
Yeah my wife also told me that right now the pressure is so much down there it feels like the baby's head is already sticking out.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Doyou mean the fill cap on the ABS fluid reservoir?
Remove the rubber cap. Then there's a plug with a tinyvent hole. Grab the edges with your fingernails & it pulls straight up.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 AM

So I picture the fill cap being flared on top above the basin shaped area with the pinhole breather. If thats it, then I can dig my fingernail under tha flanged top on the outside of the part of the reservoir that ticks up and looks like it has threads on it, correct? Haven't been out there to look yet.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:34 AM

So I picture the fill cap being flared on top above the basin shaped area with the pinhole breather. If thats it, then I can dig my fingernail under the flanged top on the outside of the part of the reservoir that sticks up and looks like it has threads on it, correct? Haven't been out there to look yet.

<<<sticky keyboard>>>

Quick Reply: Any ideas on this problem?