General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

beautifully clean 87 dx manual fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: beautifuly clean 87 dx manual fuel pump problem

Old 03-11-2007, 06:22 PM

Old 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you have already chked fuse # 1 correct and it is ok ??if so..
the relay in located on the bacl lower rt side of the fuse box , looking at it from the back side

-------------------------------------------------------
intermittent wiper relay
---------

turn signal defogger fuel cut off relay
.------------ ----------- -----------
------------------------------------------------------
sorry pal but this is the best i can do, i do not have a scanner to scan pics in .. but chk that fuse first

Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM

so the relay above isn't the right one??? am i tryin to fid the cut off relay(the grey box wity with holes, and 4 prongs lined up)???

Old 03-11-2007, 11:06 PM

iv been told that there is no pump relay for a carborated 87 accord.... but i found one on my car??? it's the exact match on line with it's i.d. numbers.... looks exactly like it with the picture of the 3 prongs and everything... even labeled on the site as 87 honda accord fuel pump relay.... so why is this on my cart if the book says it's not supposed to be there???? im still talkin about the relay in the pic above... and i found my information on the relay at www.rockauto.com located by the numbers on it's side

Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ok amigo,, i am going to say this 1 more time .. there is a fuel cut off relay. it is located on hte back of the fuse box ..rt low look at the diagram i kind of put together ....

call the dealer ( i am not sure that you can get it at other part stores ) and tell them you need a fuel pump cut off relay ,,,,, i have replaced a bunch of them doing my years of working on hondas .......

http://www.hondapartswarehouse.com/p...%20%2013%20%20

open the picture and click on it to make it bigger ,, Now do you see # 1 ?? that's the fuel pump cut off relay ,

it even has the part # there for you ..

Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM

ok i got it right here.... this it it right here right????grey box with the holes.... thats the shut off relay..... then why did i find this one next to it on the same boardon my car found byME so i know no-ones trying to mess with me.... and i hope you dont think i messing with you,,,, im just confused cuz everyone says that this part here
is not suppossed to be on my car but i found it...and it says on-line FUEL PUMP RELAY???

Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM

ok the black relay....i just found to be a multi-purpose relay...so thats my bad... but could this multi-purpose relay be the problem ???cuz it didn't show a conection with an OHM's reader with any combonation of the 3 prongs....or is that no a acurate way of testing thoughs relays?

Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 PM

ok so honda confimed that 38300SE3013 {FR-3309} thats a turn signal relay and that when most mechanics replace a fuel pump that you must replace the chut off relay aswell... thats straight from honda.... so they culd be justtryig to sell me a part just cause it's 50 bucks.... but i found one at NAPA for 45.... i pick that up at 3pm (california time) today...and will let you kow if that fixed the problem.... i thank you guys a million for yur help... you saved me alot of time and $$$ i can never thank you enough.... if there is anything i can do for you guys or this site.... let me know CW.Wing@yahoo.com

Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 AM

up-date on the car.... she's still aint running... pumps now operatioal.... but is still not pumpin to the engen.... relay has been replaced and fixed the ignition switch problem.... but still wont pump... i was told there is some kind of modual controle box, or something, under the back seat???? is that effecting my fuel line supply???

Quick Reply: beautifully clean 87 dx manual fuel pump problem