General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

brake warning light turns on when installed backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 08:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default brake warning light turns on when installed backup camera

Hi, I have a honda accord 1994. I tried to install the backup camera, I'm sure that I connected to the backup light correctly but on the dashboard, I have the "brake light" warning light turning on every time I press the brake pedal. Does anyone know why it happens?

Thank you

Old 01-13-2021, 09:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Seems like it's causing a voltage issue. Where are you getting the power from going to the camera.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi, thank you for your answer. I'm getting power from the reverse light. The problem is that the camera is always on, it should come on only when I'm on reverse gear?
the cable of the reverse light is green and black

Old 01-13-2021, 11:55 PM

What does you set up look like. Is it a red and black cable going to the camera and a video cable with red pig tails on both ends. You have the trigger wire plugged in to constant power that's why the video is always on

Old 01-13-2021, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
What does you set up look like. Is it a red and black cable going to the camera and a video cable with red pig tails on both ends. You have the trigger wire plugged in to constant power that's why the video is always on
Post pic of you camera wiring.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default My set up

The power cable of the camera red color is connected to the green black wire of the reverse light with a t-tap connector.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:09 AM

At this time I can only confirm the the black and green wire is the correct wire to tap into. As previously stated there's something giving consistent power (12v) to the trigger wire. I will not know what unless I know what went where. If you give what the camera setup is out the box I can let you know how I would connect it and compare with how you did it.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi, thank you, I tried to post my picture but I don't know for what reason it wasn't posted. I will try again

By the way. The camera has only one red power line cable which I attached to the reverse light green-black cable of the reverse light. This one goes together with a black one the camera itself

Old 01-14-2021, 08:27 AM

The red cable looks like it's connected to the green/black cable and the black one. It should only be connected to the green/black cable.

Where is the ground cable at for the camera?

Do you have a link to what camera kit you purchased or is it one you put together. There are a few different configuration kits.

For the trunk configuration the power to the camera and trigger switch needs to be connected to the green/black wire. Ground will be connected to the ground cable completing the circuit when you put it in reverse.

Im just letting you know one configuration kit it seem as if yours is different. If you have a link to the kit you bought can you post it.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:33 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi, here is the link: https://th.aliexpress.com/item/40012...Log=new_Detail

The camera doesn't have any ground cable. Tomorrow I will let you see the cable of the camera
Sorry, I guess I took a bad pic. I can assure you that the power cable(red) is attached only to the green-black cable, maybe you cannot see very well from the pic

Quick Reply: brake warning light turns on when installed backup camera