General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cleaning Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Open the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum. Open the online manuals link. You can get a 94 shop manual as a pdf from those sites that will help you out a lot.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Open the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum. Open the online manuals link. You can get a 94 shop manual as a pdf from those sites that will help you out a lot.
I got one of the manuals and it does have a lot of stuff but I cant find where it says how to adjust the headlights

Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Headlight Adjustment

I know I kinda already asked this in another post of mine but the other post was for a different topic. I need to find out where the adjustment screw or whatever it is for the headlights are. If you can provide a picture that would be great

Old 05-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Page 23-196

Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Page 23-196
Well I feel dumb

Ya I found it. It was under the electrical section. Still not to sure where its at. I have seen nothing like this

Old 05-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Almost A Senior Member

If my life was on the line to find this I would be dead....

Heres the light.. Really dirty...

Attached Thumbnails Cleaning Headlights-downsized_0519121946.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

There are two adjustment screws (horizontal and vertical).

The horizontal is easy to see. Look at the driver's side headlight from the front of the car. Just above the plastic on the right hand side, there will be a philips head screw that you should easily be able to see when the hood is open.

The vertical is more towards the middle of the car on the headlight housing and is on the engine side of the headlight. The top of the screw will face the hood of the car.

Make sure you are looking at the KH version in the shop manual (US). The KE and KG are for non-us accords.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member

The horizontal is easy to see. Look at the driver's side headlight from the front of the car. Just above the plastic on the right hand side, there will be a philips head screw that you should easily be able to see when the hood is open.

The vertical is more towards the middle of the car on the headlight housing and is on the engine side of the headlight. The top of the screw will face the hood of the car.

Make sure you are looking at the KH version in the shop manual (US). The KE and KG are for non-us accords.
I think I found it but I dont have a screwdriver that will fit. Let me try again. And thanks!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Ya found the horizontal and im pretty sure I found the vertical but I just can not get to it =\

Old 05-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Like this?

I merged these threads together........so a few things are out of order.....

Attached Thumbnails Cleaning Headlights-5th-gen-headlight-adjustment.jpg  

Last edited by poorman212; 05-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Headlights