General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Clutch sticking to floor under high load?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Newest Of Newbies

He was checking the fork and watching it function when id pump but he didn't measure. If its only giving me mush pressure issues at the clutch when cornering or 90 degree parking lot corners, sharp curved down ramps stuff like that... would that make the fork look ok when doing it in the garage not under force of gravity?

Old 02-10-2020, 07:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It should only take about 10 mins with 2 people. Check this video out to assist with the concept. Personally I use the self bleed method since I never have anyone there to help.

Old 02-24-2020, 03:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
It should only take about 10 mins with 2 people. Check this video out to assist with the concept. Personally I use the self bleed method since I never have anyone there to help.

bleed
ok, Time has passed and found out a few things....What the problem actually IS-not 1 of them....

Took it to a trans shop for a free estimate in to see if they were thinking it was anything besides air in the hydraulic clutch line. They almost didn't believe me that's a clutch would get soft while cornering but they drove it and realized I was in fact correct. They had blood it using the power bleeder they have at the shop. Sent me on my way to see if that fixed it and it in fact did not. This confirmed that me and my significant other were in fact bleeding it correctly but we're not getting positive results. I took it back to the shop for three more days to have them evaluated and look at it and there is in fact no active leaks and they cannot find any fault in the system specifically to cause or contribute to this problem. When the Master Mechanic with troubleshooting over the phone with each other colleagues, they asked if he had in fact heard his customer right because according to them this problem cannot occur with my car. After the 4th time of being told they can't figure it out yet I had taken upon myself to order all of the connecting hoses and lines to the hydraulic parts that were replaced already by me dot-dot-dot the master clutch cylinder, the slave cylinder, and the clutch- all recently. When they arrive in 2 weeks, me and my bf are gonna do the lines and connectors.... don't know wth else to do if all new lines and fittings don't help!!! Crossing all my fingers.

I feel like the clutch gets soft on more occasions now, sometimes even sitting i have to pump it once to get pressure the second pump. I must have a unique issue. Sucks. Figured id repost in case this info could help anybody.

Last edited by USEDBLACKSTAR; 02-24-2020 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 02-24-2020, 03:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Thanks for the update. Definitely something not common. Please keep us updated

Old 03-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Getting super depressed. Just replaced 75$ in hoses lines connectors pins etc from majestic honda .... have new master, new slave....clutch a year old....bled....4 hours installing and then bleeding.... problem still persists. I'm losing my sanity and can't afford another car. Everything is practically brand new. Some one please help.