General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Deleting ABS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 07:18 PM
JR2
Default Deleting ABS

Hello to all and thank you for reading my post. My 95 EX was in a accident and the ABS UNIT was destroyed. I fixed everything but the unit. I can't find a NEW or USED unit at this point. So, I went to a salvage yard and removed a proportion valve from a non ABS car to install in mine so I can delete my unit. The problem is, nothing will line up of course, and if this can be done, where do the lines go?? If I must, I will go back to the salvage yard for the lines and or direction of the lines. Thank you

Old 08-08-2023, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Is your 95 EX a 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder?

It looks like the 94-97 accords used the same abs module along with the acura integra.

You can check out a site like car-part.com that searches junkyards for parts, where you can sort by price or distance. You may be able to find a replacement on that site where you can reconnect your original brake lines.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:09 PM
JR2

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Is your 95 EX a 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder?

It looks like the 94-97 accords used the same abs module along with the acura integra.

You can check out a site like car-part.com that searches junkyards for parts, where you can sort by price or distance. You may be able to find a replacement on that site where you can reconnect your original brake lines.
Thank you for the response... I have a 4cyl. 2.2l with MT. I have checked local yards with no availability. I also checked the web and seems all are out of stock or deleted... I know your stand on this subject, but I am looking to delete the unit and go NON ABS.... So I thank you once again.... Have a great day

Old 08-09-2023, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

My thought was installing a non-functional ABS would be easier than swapping over all of the non-abs accord lines as long as the abs unit was not leaking. You wouldn't have a functioning abs, but the install would be simpler.

You best bet is to look up the OEM part numbers for the lines on a non-abs accord vs an abs accord on a site like hondapartsnow.com. Then you can see what items you need to pull from the non-abs accord at the junkyard. Hopefully, you won't have to pull the lines that run under the plastic shield going to the rear wheels for the lines.