General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Driver Side door wont open from inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Default Driver Side door wont open from inside

I just replaced my Drivers side door window regulator yesterday. Successfully I might ad . (thank you to the SIIIIRRRR nasty DIY write up) However, when it was all said and done, and my door was put back together, I discovered my door wont open from the inside. Now before I rip open my door again, what should I be looking for. I'm sure something just became disengaged when I was in there, but what. I need to do this after work and fast.

thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Driver Side door wont open from inside

I would suspect the interior door handle to latch extension rod connection behind the door handle. You have to drop the ext. rod into the handle assy and push the keeper into position. You may have overlooked this connection when re-installing door panel.

Other possibility would be the extension rod to door latch mechanism connection. This will rquire removal of door panel and weather cover to access (mirror and light may be necessary).

good luck

Old 03-26-2007, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasHonda

I would suspect the interior door handle to latch extension rod connection behind the door handle. You have to drop the ext. rod into the handle assy and push the keeper into position. You may have overlooked this connection when re-installing door panel.

Hope it's this one. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yep it should be that one b/b thats the only thing physically attaching the insdie door latch to the outer part. Plus its a super easy fix and you dont have to take the panel off! Let us know how it goes!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Perhaps I'm confused, but how can I do this without unscrewing and removing the door panel, to get to the rod? thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM

I'm sure you're one of about a million people who have done that/had the same problem..... pull the interior door handle open, there is just the one screw holding it in, remove that screw and you should be able to slide it forward and remove the plastic assembly, then look through the hole and I bet you'll see a little rod with an "L" shaped end on it.... that rod connects to a hole that connects to the door handle and then a little clip swivels into place to hold it (the rod) in.... pretty easy fix actually

Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM

gonna try it now. Thanks!!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM

since it is a very simple 1 screw type of job if it doesn't make sense then pull the passenger side handle off, slide it forward and look behind it and you'll see how it works first hand....

Old 03-26-2007, 06:38 PM

That was it!! FIXED. Thanks

BTW, my old regulator looked HORRIBLE, rotted and twisted !! No wonder it broke, I couldn't believe it. scares me to think other inner parts of my car are in that bad of shape.

Thanks again for the help

Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

My old regulator had snapped/frayed the wire.... where did you buy the part from and what did they charge you? Was there anything in that tutorial you can think of that I should add/modify?

Quick Reply: Driver Side door wont open from inside