General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine light comes on after fix again!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
markho
Unregistered
Default RE: Engine light comes on after fix again!?

well i decided that im'm going to trade this in. it has 84k on it and it has always been plagued by this mysterious check engine light no matter how much i have forked over. I'm sick of it, and it will take a miracle for me to purchase another honda.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM

If you would actually try to fix it, it probably wouldn't cost you very much. I definitely don't see how this warrants getting rid of a car.
Did you check to see if there were any service bulletins or recalls via the link I posted. If there is a recall, the dealer may fix it for free.
Why are you asking for help if you won't follow our advice?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: markho

well i decided that im'm going to trade this in. it has 84k on it and it has always been plagued by this mysterious check engine light no matter how much i have forked over. I'm sick of it, and it will take a miracle for me to purchase another honda.
wow 84k is nothign on these cars,, Have you ever had the dealer or a shop that specializes on Hondas take a look and FIX the chk engine lite issue ???
Even if you get another car , issues will always come up and you have to pay for it UNLESS you keep on trading it in within 3 yrs and 36k miles ...
How much have you forked over to fix the chk engine lite ??
You said you replaced the sensors, but it could be something else going on causing the codes to come on,, wiring issue, poor connection etc.. etc ..

Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
markho
Unregistered

I have taken this car into the service station a few times totaling about 1000k. And like i said the mechanic tried to extrort another 700 from me for this BS. The car was originally a lease, and we had to take over the payments since we went over the miles. Honda tried to extort 1800$ to make the car "certified pre-owned" which to me is a total BS lie. I just have had nothing but bad things come from this car, bad mojo guys. Plus, the exterior parts of the engine has some whacked out corrosion taking place since i live near the shore. My ford f-150 is the same year with almost double the mileage and ziltch on the corosion. I'm not bashing Hondas, I like the car, but with a baby on the way it might be time to move on anyway.
I have checked certian things that have been suggested here. But with my limited experience as a DIY mechanic, i'm going to pass on some of the more technical stuff, give up, and maybe purchase another vehicle. I know it sounds nuts, but I'm really frustrated. I don;t want to put anymore money into the hands of these ripoff artists. Replacing the O2 sensors should have done the trick. If i had taken this to the mechanic I would be out 700 instead of 180.