General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EVAP Hose, Where Go? (2002 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4cyl Man)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 09:18 AM
Default EVAP Hose, Where Go? (2002 Honda Accord LX Coupe 4cyl Man)

Hi all! New to the forums. Hoping I can get some help so I can pass emissions. We recently had to replace the EVAP system in my 2002 Honda Accord. However, when we pulled it, a random hose fell out and we aren't sure where it goes back.

Users of reddit sent some diagrams which sort of helped in identifying the parts (it seems that this hose is referred to as a pressure sensor hose?), but really didn't answer the question of where it went. I myself am not particularly adept with cars. Again, I just want this poor thing to be street legal.

If anybody could tell me where this is meant to go, that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Pic with the EVAP Canister still in.

Pic with the canister pulled.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Been about 5 years since I worked on my daughters 1998 EVAP system, but I think the charcoal canister has 2-3 hoses connected to it and the valves
( that plastic cover that the loose hose is in front of ) has 3 connections.

Check those first, for any plugs for the hoses.
That hose is only so long, that you should move it around and search for something within that range.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:12 PM

Now that I think about it more. There is also an exhaust vent for one of the hoses from the valve.

It goes towards the passenger side towards the rear wheel. ( not the wheel itself, but the car frame near the passenger rear wheel)
Take a look towards the right side of the car and see if you find another hose, or a hole that the loose hose fits into.

I was asking about this area about 5-7 years ago on this forum and if you can find it, it shows diagrams of the hoses and where they go.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by rockhoundrob
I was asking about this area about 5-7 years ago on this forum and if you can find it, it shows diagrams of the hoses and where they go.
Multiple people on other platforms have sent me this diagram.

​​​​Again, this has helped me identify the individual part. Maybe it's just my lack of experience, but I can't tell where this diagram is telling me I should put the actual hose.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Now that I see this, it looks like that is just a vent hose.
But it is supposed to be attached to something on the frame with a bracket. Do you see something like a hose clamp with a screw?

Try holding the hose around and you should see a plastic or metal hose clamp type device.
if you find it, insert the hose into it. It should not be hanging loose.
If worse comes to worse, use BIG zip ties and find something to hold the loose hose away from the lower part of the car.

Maybe you can back up the camera, so we can get a wider view and maybe we can figure where that hose bracket is?

Old 06-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

One end of the tube connects to a Y-joint (coming from a tube connected to the fuel pressure tank sensor), which is located inside the 2 way valve cover. The other end of the tube connects to the canister filter.