General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Finding parts for my 2.3l vtec

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Finding parts for my 2.3l vtec

I dont even know how the #### to use this site but i need to know if anyone else knows where i can find parts for my 2.3 vtec motor out of a 99 accord. i dont even have an accord myself but im rebuilding an accord motor. so if you know where i can get JDM accord parts that would be awesome.

Last edited by JimBlake; 02-26-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, but we try to keep this site G-rated...

Why do you think it's JDM? What engine is it exactly?
What parts do you need?
Dealer?
hondaautomotiveparts dot com?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator
Wink Mostly Over In The U.K.

Parts, Parts, Parts....Google them and YOU shalll find them..

Welcome to the site...and Do watch your words...no bad words allowed in these forums.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

well first off im sorry about swearing. heres the deal though, i have a 1995 civic which im doing a motor swap to with a 2.3l vtec out of a 99 accord. now when i was buying the motor my original plan was to buy a 1.6l vtec with forged internals and all ready for a turbo charger which i knew more about and i knew would be a very easy swap. then the guy selling me the motor told me about a 2.3 he had that came out of an accord. i was skeptic at first but he had told me all the places where i could find the parts for the swap so i went with the 2.3 over the 1.6. the problem is all he has ever done is just stock 2.3 swaps into civics but has never tuned them so he couldnt really tell me where to find aftermarket jdm parts. now im more than sure that its jdm because he told me it was, but i have also noticed the japanese lettering on most of the engine. i have searched google before for accord parts but every site ive gone to doesnt seem to carry alot of performance parts unless its a civic. i plan on going all out on this motor and getting as much horse power out of it as i can i just cant seem to find the parts to do it. i also need to find a place that would have forged internals so i can swap my internals when i get it bored out and turbo charge it. nothing much really lol

Old 03-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

an engine code would help, I assume its an f23aX.

Something to keep in mind is just because its "JDM" doesn't mean its good.

As far as forged internals and pistons go if it is an F series it means it has FRM sleeves, so you will have to put iron sleeves in before you can run forged internals.

But I really can't offer much more insight until I know what engine it is.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

well heres the engine code JHMCG665XXC008421. and yea i know what your saying about how just because its jdm doesnt mean its good, but i just figured that i would try and keep most of it jdm ya know?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

That's not an engine code, it looks like a VIN.

Look for a flat surface on the block, exhaust side, along the mating line where the tranny bellhousing would go.

First line is engine type like F23A1
Second line is block serial number, normally only the first digit is important.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Either way, it's an F23, and NOT a JDM motor. It was only used in USDM Hondas and Acuras, so whatever "JDM" parts you want to put in are not authentic. 6th gen Accords have no JDM counterpart, or even EDM for that matter. The JDM and EDM 6th gens were very different from the unique USDM 6th gen.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

haha see this is why i came on here. i know nothing at all about this motor but you guys are just filling me up lol. anyway let me know if this is the engine code HM PEA-2. i dont know if thats it but ill keep looking if it isnt. ive never had to look up an engine code before, but i did find it just below the exhaust manifold. lol im an idiot when it comes to finding any type of code lol.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

That is not an engine code either. It will be in the front stamped on the block. If you find the white transmission code sticker it will be right to the right of that.

Quick Reply: Finding parts for my 2.3l vtec