General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Finding the Radio code

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Default Finding the Radio code

My radio is fine for now but if I need to replace the battery or something else power related how do I retrieve my radio code? I am the second owner and have no papers with the 5 digit code.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Finding the Radio code

You will have to go to the dealership.

Call your local honda dealer before you go and ask what documents you need to provide to get the code.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 AM

I think only the EX modelshave a radiocode. Call the dealership & check to be sure. My 2000 LX does not have a code for the radio and it is stock.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 AM

If you go to the dealer, hes going to charge you like 100 bucks for the code. Just call honda, theyll ask for your radio's serial number and your car's vin, thats it.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Your SRS light could be the seat belt buckle, covered by lifetime warranty at the Honda dealer.
If your radio has a code, you have a little anti-theft light...
Press and hold the #1 and #6 buttons then turn on the radio and you will get the "reference" number. The dealer can use the reference number to tell what the CODE is

Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 AM

HondaDude,

1. Seat belt: How do I get the dealer to look at my seatbelt for free? I called a month ago about the SRS light and they said it could be the seat belt or ~14 other components linked to the SRS. They wanted $$$ to diagnose.

2. I will the try to retrieve the reference codes. AHM company asked me to provide themcopies of the registration, drivers license, and serial number from the radio (which is conveniently located on the back of the radio).

Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 AM

bboyalex,

Did you take the radio to get the serial number?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: hondadude

If your radio has a code, you have a little anti-theft light...
Press and hold the #1 and #6 buttons then turn on the radio and you will get the "reference" number.
I am assuming if there is no radio code you will not get a reference number. Since I know my car does not have a code, I will try this little test when I get off work today and see if I get a reference number. I'll let you know. You really don't want to go through the trouble of removing your radio to get the reference number if there isn't even a code to begin with. I'll update around 6:00 PM tonight or so. Also...look for the "little anti theft light" that hondadude described. If there is no light, the radio will not need a code.
Of course, the only way to find out for sure is to disconnect the battery and see if the radio will come on[sm=smiley26.gif]

Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM

yes you have to take the radio out

Quick Reply: Finding the Radio code