General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Flashing CEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 07:21 PM
Default Flashing CEL

Hey guys,

i have a 2010 EXL V6
I recently replaced my spool valve gaskets. Anyways, I was driving to work on the interstate (20 mile drive) and I was previously flooring it. Once i got off the exit i noticed my CEL flashing. I immediately pull over on the next block and turn off my car. Check my spool valve, no oil leak (had that before). Oil level is good. I turned my car back on, no CEL, no misfiring. Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

What brand spool did you put in. Next time it happens get the code read while it's flashing. The flashing could be anything but if it never happened before the spool replacement I would guess it has something to do with that

One more question if the spool was only leaking and not bad why not just replace the gaskets. Just a question because I don't own a 2010. My 07 leaked and that's what I did.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
What brand spool did you put in. Next time it happens get the code read while it's flashing. The flashing could be anything but if it never happened before the spool replacement I would guess it has something to do with that

One more question if the spool was only leaking and not bad why not just replace the gaskets. Just a question because I don't own a 2010. My 07 leaked and that's what I did.
this happened once before. It was after I left the country and let my car sit for two and a half weeks without being started. I did only replace the top portion. I bought a Honda spool valve. Just the top portion where the oil pressure sensor and such connect. I will try to get it, but today it caught me off guard, and I was moments from pulling into work. I turned it off then back on after checking and it was gone. That’s what happen when I turned it on after Europe. I turned it on, ran rough, flashed, turned it off. Started up then just fine