General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fuel cleaners!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Default Fuel cleaners!

Hi, I am wondering what fuel cleaner is recommeded for a 1999 Honda Accord EX (4 cylinder)? I have used BG44K, which I bought from a Chrysler dealer because the Honda dealer didn't seem interested in selling it. That was like $18! It was pretty good stuff. Also, I have used Seafoam on the car. I say probably every 5 thousand or so is when I would use it.

Any thoughts on ethanol? I have a choice of using it or not, and I usually don't but gas prices are rising!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Default RE: Fuel cleaners!

i just used the 44k today! lol

Old 03-09-2006, 01:00 AM

what did you think of the 44k?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

lucas fuel injector cleaner does a great job never used 44k tho

Old 03-09-2006, 02:20 AM

yeah, lucas is pretty good, but for the accord seafoam actually worked wonders. are you familiar with the top tier gas? i have been reading about these at certain stations and forums the last couple of years well more like the last year or so.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:26 AM
Default RE: Fuel cleaners! (lightshow need some advice)

i did a search on top tier gas, anyways i have read a lot about it even more so lately. how is qt gas? it falls under the top tier gas ratings, and i have used it a couple of times. also phillips you mentioned is good, used that and it was also good. where i live there are a lot of bp stations. and, i wish there was a shell or a nice looking mobil. there are some run-down mobils out here and i don't want to get water in my car. i am not a huge fan of bp, but that's where i usually go. lightshow i read your post about top tier gas, hope to hear from you soon!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:38 PM

stick with the BG-44K ........ Also you might want to do a 3 stage injector clean with the same product,, good stuff,, i use it on my customer at 60k services., and highly reccomend it .. forget the seafoam

Old 03-09-2006, 03:00 PM

yeah, it was interesting there would be sluggishness when the car would start up like accelerator would stick to the ground. the dealer did a great fuel cleaning job. i later found out like when i went to get some parts from the dealer that they use bg44k. i am now 100% sure that most of the dealers around here are using that stuff.

its expensive though. i bought it once. i think i will wait till the end of the year to put it in again. you work at the dealer deserthonda? how often should you get the 3 stage injector cleaning?

Old 03-09-2006, 04:04 PM

bg is good but for the price i personally use lucas.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:05 PM

lightshow is qt good gas? there are a bunch of them out here. i personally go to bp, i have the choice of putting ethanol in, which i usually don't but most big cities have ethanol of 10% in all three grades.

Quick Reply: Fuel cleaners!