General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help. Accident... what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Default RE: Help. Accident... what do I do?

Thanks 19Accord97, I wish it worked that way.

But I think it's the rental company's insurance or the driver's insurance who should take responsibility.

Any tips for me to know what and what not to say to the adjuster?

Again, I don't have any injuries. I have a sore neck but I don't think it's from the accident. Maybe.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Make really sure you aren't injured. It would be a shame for you tosay TODAY that you aren't injured. Then find out next month that your sore neck keeps getting worse & it's really due to the accident. But still, don't get caught up in the temptation to do insurance fraud. That's not nice either.

00Accord... Is it reasonable for him to claim insurance reimbursement for a Dr. visit if he's unsure??

Old 10-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Yeah I understand. I don't want to pull off any fraud. I just want my car fixed. [&:]

Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Going to the doc to get checked is not unreasonable. Unless the accident happened like over a week ago. Even then some people wait longer to start racking up medical bills.
Tell the adjuster your neck is sore. DO NOT tell him you do not think it is related to the accident. Tell the adjuster you are thinking about going to the doc and see what he/she says (I want to hear the reaction). This will give you a feel for whether or not the other carrier is going to try to jerk you around. If they suspect you might go to the doc, they may try to go ahead and pay for your car to get fixed. Unless it's totaled.
If you think the dolly did hit your car, but are unsure, tell the adjuster you believe it hit your car in the place you said in your above post. It is not fraud if you are honest. If you believe it hit your car, then tell the adjuster what you think.
I wouldn't worry about fraud if I were in your shoes. Just be honest.
Your sore neck probably WAS caused by the accident - even if it didn'tpresent itselftill a day or to afterwards.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

00Accord... Is it reasonable for him to claim insurance reimbursement for a Dr. visit if he's unsure??
ANY pain or headaches that come after an accident should be presumed to be a result of the accident. Getting checked out by a docis entirely within reason.

But, ifthe other party (the rental truck's insurance)denies your claim and says they don't have coverage, you may be stuck with the bill.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I wouldn't worry about fraud if I were in your shoes. Just be honest.
Exactly. Be honest. Saying you think your sore neckIS orIS NOTdue to the accident is just your guess right now. It's not dishonestto avoid guessing. But if you say it's NOT from the accident, you won't be able to UN-say it.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Update: So to make a LONGER story short...

An appraisal adjuster guy came last week and surveyed my car. Didn't ask any questions.

Today, The Rental Truck adjuster lady tells me there is no police report. (Took 9 days for her to get the report) I ordered the report online myself, just like how I wanted to in the beginning to save 9 days and emailed it to her.

She asked, how did I get the report of the truck, I said a witness called in so I gave her witness.

She called in and apparently the witness didn't see the dolly coming off the truck. He just thought it came from the truck because the color "matched" the truck.

Oh well... thanks everyone for all your help.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Oh and

Does anyone know where I can buy bumpers for cheap? I need front and back for my Accord.

And will a beat up bumper that looks like it's going to fall out will deny me from passing inspection?\

I have a 98 Accord LX 4 Cyl

Car color is Pearl Raisin

Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Did the police report say the dolly came off the truck? Did you see the dolly come off the truck? Are you saying they are denying your claim?

Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM

No, the police report just states that the dolly caused me to hit the barriers. I did not see the dolly come off the truck. Yes, I believe they are denying my claim.

Quick Reply: Help. Accident... what do I do?