General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 PM
truevietluv636
Unregistered
Default Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem

i just brought this 2001 accord ex v6 automaticjust today... test drove the car and it was fine, on my way back home, like a 40 min drive, i stopped at a stop sign, accelerated then all of a sudden nothing, car didnt accelerate, it didnt catch gear until 3 seconds later, which resulted in a jerk and light peel out... i was like wtf! so i called the guy who i brought the car from... told him what was wrong and wanted to return the car.. he said sorry no can do.... i was like damn! that bastard! screwed me over!

now i've researched about this and went into the tranny settlement pages and typed in my vin and there it is, tranny problem confirmed i guess....

is there anything i can do about this problem... please help me. car has 146xxx miles....

Old 01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Default RE: Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem

Same thing happened to me! Did you check the fluid? Mine was very low and the place I had look at it, to confirm my suspicion, refilled it. But to no avail it didn't fix the problem.

The place I bought my accord from cut me a deal on it though.. Just be persistent and keep your cool. This seems to be a common problem among us 6 th gen accord owners. Good luck man. Let me know how it goes.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:20 AM

most states have a 30-day lemon law as well so if you are that adimate about taking the car back you can threaten the guy that sold you the car with police action if he doesnt give you your money back.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:26 AM

I know here in california there is something u most likely signed when u bought the car that releases liability. I think there's a 1-2 day cooling off period. Then after that they will tell you unless its a safety issue ie seat belts or lights u are on ur own. Look into your states laws.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

tranny fluid is good. this car seemed perfect except for the tranny problem. driving it some more and no problems so far.

what is that 30-day lemon law mean?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:36 AM

I don't know if that applies to used vehicles? http://www.lemonlaw.bbb.org/ try that.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 AM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

thanks. i think im just keep the car though. try and find a good tranny and i'll swap it.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 PM

We also have an 01 Accord. The transmission acted up at around 60K miles and was replaced by the dealership under a "honda recall". It seems they had trouble with these units. Not sure if yours falls under this recall but you might check before you make a decision on replacing it yourself. ...just a thought.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

thank you for telling me that. i will be doing some research about the recalls right now.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 PM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

how did you find out about the recalls, is there like a website that states them?

Quick Reply: Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem