General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Help, I just got screwed, tranny problem

I think it's www.hondatransmissionsettlement.com you can also contact honda of america for information and to see if they will help you out

Old 01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

i've checed that and my car is under the settlement, but right now it has almost 150k miles. you guys think it would still get repaired free?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

i just went to the dealer and its going to cost me $5000 for repair. damn.

Does anyone know if there is a California law requiring the private party seller to tell the buyer of any problems. i'm so pissed off right now, i wanna go sew that guy.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

thats what I thought from the first of this thread; maybe the local legal aid society could help you, or tell you if you can file a civil suit.
If you can't get the guy into court consider REVENGE

Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 PM

In Montana as a dealership you have to disclose if the vehicle was in an accident or defective and you know about it but I don't think that's required if it's a private person. Granted california law is unlike anything in montana so you may have a way to get your money back. I'd do two things: 1) contact honda of america tell them what happened and ask them for some help, if your car is covered under that suit then you may get some help even though you are out of the mileage requirements 2) Contact a lawyer and request a free consultation. See if you can file civil suit and even if Honda of America covers it I'd still take him to court and try to get the money as a matter of principle

Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 PM

I would contact a lawyer or leagal service, soemtimes they will does for free or little money, might also try abrittrition, I had to do that once with a 73 Super Beetle that I had bought. The service department said they repalced the brakes, I was involved in accident, where my brakes failed, they forgot to hook them up. Lucky I didn't get sued, the shop did.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
truevietluv636
Unregistered

You guys know the Honda of America's Email Address?

Old 01-09-2007, 02:25 AM

I know in the states I've lived in when you buy from a private party then it's buyer beware. Your buying a vehicle as is from an individual and it's up to you to have everything checked out before purchase. Usually I take a friend with me if I'm not to familiar with the vehicle. Good luck with everything.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Don't know the e-mail address but here's the website

http://corporate.honda.com/

Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 AM

Hey, I'm confused? Did you buy private party, a used car lot, or a honda dealer?

If the former, it's caveat emptor in california. As soon as the pink slip is signed over to you it becomes your problem. So now you are at the whim of this person whether or not they will do the right thing. However, they have no legal responsbility to you.

If the latter, do you remember what you signed? I know I read through my stuff. There might have been something in there that you forgo the cooling off period or whatever it's called (don't remember). The only requirement is the car must be safe ie brakes, seat belts, and lights. Transmission? Most likely not.

Good luck!