General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help us to Help YOU

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default Help us to Help YOU

Year and Model PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
The only thing I wouldask is that people PLEASE stop threadjacking.
It causes great confusion for the original poster trying to solve a problem, as well as the people trying to help resolve problems.
Starting your very own thread is free, easy, and much appreciated.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Help us to Help YOU

ORIGINAL: hondadude

Year and Model PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
The only thing I wouldask is that people PLEASE stop threadjacking.
It causes great confusion for the original poster trying to solve a problem, as well as the people trying to help resolve problems.
Starting your very own thread is free, easy, and much appreciated.

Yo Dude , I have been preaching this for a very long time,, and i have written a couple of poststhat (MEMBERSread before posting ,) ( top of the page ) , but to no avail, it has gotten so bad to the point to make it my own rule not to help members that DO NOT have YEAR and MODEL in their SIGNATURE ,, ehy do the same if so you choose,A lot of us know that you help a lot of members and go out of your way to find the correct info and schematics ,I for one will not hold it against you if you decide not to help a member that does not input year and model..,,,, and i am not trying to be a JACKASS because i am here to help as many mebers as i can ,but having to ask the same silly question multiple times and to the same members more than once gets kind of tiring ..

Old 02-26-2007, 09:22 PM

I didn't even think about putting that info there until I saw your statement.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM

it really is a bummer that we can't make that required information for an account..... It's going to take a while to get people used to it (especially if they've never used a forum before) but it'll happen

Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

it really is a bummer that we can't make that required information for an account..... It's going to take a while to get people used to it (especially if they've never used a forum before) but it'll happen
A member named MARO pm ed me saying that he thought he could make it so member could not access till they put year and model on the signature, i sent it to WHEEL to see what he tought but i have not heard any comments back on his opinion ..
You would thing that ifa member needs help, that would be the first thing you would let people they are here to help you know what you need help on ..

Old 02-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Hey,

Yeah.. actaully, I was on a Mazda board the other day, and although they were using a different forum software, the year and make was a requirement during account registration. I did some minor research regarding the ASPPlayground software we use on these boards, and it looks as if the new version update includes this modifacation.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Ehy Maro, if given an ok from the ADMINISTRATOR is this something that you can do or willing to do in this forum ??

Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Hey,

If it's a matter of updating the software, that is something Wheels would have to do since he admins whatever server this sits on. Tell ya what. I'm going to contact ASPPlayground.NET and see if it is a feature that can be added. I'll send you a PM and let you know how I make out. We'll go from there.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 PM

okay. I sent them an e-mail regarding this. Here was the generated responce:

Thank you for writing us. We will get in contact with you shortly.
Please allow up to one business day for inquiry processing!
Thank you for your patience.
-----
I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: maro
the year and make was a requirement during account registration.
No, Oh No, Please No,[sm=boohoo.gif] I'll get the boot if people find out I still drive my old 85 Yota pick up. I'd never get any respect then! [sm=laughat.gif]

Quick Reply: Help us to Help YOU