General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Honda Accord problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

disconnect the frt exh pipe going into the cat conv and retry it ,, also chk air filter make sure that it is not totally plugged

Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler Joyce
That hose is just a breather hose it wouldnt make your car idle like that. It wouldnt do anything at all actually. Just keeps pressure from buildiing inside the valve cover.

I would take some sort of brake cleaner or engine cleaner and spray it everywhere there is a seam with a gasket on the engine. Everywhere. Even the spots you dont think have any problems. While the engine is running and you are doing this, if it bogs down or shuts off while you spray a certain seam then there is a vacuum leak in that seem.
going to try if the engine will stay running long enough thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by deserthonda
disconnect the frt exh pipe going into the cat conv and retry it ,, also chk air filter make sure that it is not totally plugged
we went through that and could not get the bolts off. used a big tourqe bar to try. i may take it off at the manifold.

my three thoughts are either,
fuel injectors
Clogged cat
or i am doing something wrong with the timing. (which i doubt because i did itmany times before on other cars and i did it the first time on this one and it ran fine.