General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hood release cable broken can't open hood no matter what help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Tryinglikehell2
I think some people just like to hear themselves talk no matter how dumb they sound. My Hood is still unlatched I'm waiting for a new cable so I can install it
Thanks for the clarification. Some people get kind of cheap with older cars and are looking for a cheap quick fix (I see it happen on many forums I'm on).

Old 08-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Update

I finally got the new latch Cable in and installed it. I used what was left of the old cable going through the firewall taped it to the new one and used the cable on the other side the firewall to fish it through. Granite through v fender well and then up and around to the latch. I was only able to get two clips on it so I wire tied it in a couple other areas. Seems to be working fine. Thanks again to everyone

Old 08-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Tryinglikehell2
I finally got the new latch Cable in and installed it. I used what was left of the old cable going through the firewall taped it to the new one and used the cable on the other side the firewall to fish it through. Granite through v fender well and then up and around to the latch. I was only able to get two clips on it so I wire tied it in a couple other areas. Seems to be working fine. Thanks again to everyone
Cool, glad you got it fixed and it's working correctly.