General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to check ABS computer???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How to check ABS computer???

There is a two pin connector under the glove box. Here is a link to retrieve codes: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

The codes are not like the ECU codes. If you get 4 flashes, pause, then 2 flashes, the code is 4-2 from the ABS light.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:05 AM

Can't you bring the rebuilt one back to AutoZone? Don't they have a return policy if the product they sold doesn't work? I thought even reman parts from AZ came with a one year warranty.
A fault in the ABS will not take away your primary brakes.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: asvasquez

On a 1994 Honda accordvtec engine with absbrakes the wireto read the codes has 6 - 8 connectors not2 likeI have seen stated here. Which ones do I jump to get the codes for the ABS?
YOU ARE INCORRECT,, you nedd to jump the SC connector under the glove box ,,look at the link pahonda provided

Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 PM
asvasquez
Unregistered

Yes it has a lifetime warrenty but I wanted to make sure this was the problem before I returned it. I also wanted to make sure that the ABS having air in the system did not affect my reqular brakes. I did two additional test. 1. pluged up the front outlet on the from the MC and pressed on the pedal, great pedal, put after holding it for a while it started to go down to the floor, step on it strong all the way up. 2. plugged the back whole left the front plugged also, stepped on the pedal great again strong, after pressing on it for awhile started to go down to the floor again. So I fugured the MC is bad so I took it back to the autozone and exchanged it. I have not put it in yet, but also noticed that the front drivers side brake line was leaking so I got one of those also. The brakes were working fine except that the MC was leaking so I decided to replace it and nothing but problems. I blew it when I tried to bleed the ABS since I could not get a pedal. So back to replacing the MC and see what happens then. Thanks for the tips. Will post results when I finish, hopefully this will be completed this weekend.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM
asvasquez
Unregistered

Will check again to see if I find the two wire plug, got the codes but they seem to be for the CEL not the ABS codes.

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: asvasquez

Will check again to see if I find the two wire plug, got the codes but they seem to be for the CEL not the ABS codes.

Thanks.
you use the same plug to get cel and abs and tranny codes ,

Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 AM

Read the ABS flashing light, not the CEL or the D4 light.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
asvasquez
Unregistered

This is a reply for all the help everyones input, thanks.
My final results of my problems 94 Honda Accord ex no pedal goes to the floor bleeding no help ABS light on. Checked MC Plugged front line pedal great firm, Plugged back brake line pedal great firm, kept foot on the pedal stated to go down figured bad MC took it back to Auto Zone exchanged it for another one Life Time Warrenty, 2nd exchange in two weeks. Found LF brade line leaking (new problem) bought both L/R Front replace them Bench bleed MC installed pedal spongy, bleed all wheels RR, LF, LR andFR now pedal is good solid does not go down while applying presure, problem solved. ABS light still on willdeal with that later since not neededat this time, I am inSan Bernardino California not much water or snow.Everyone was correct, still need to check out the codes for the ABS will have to check for the wires to jump. Funny thing was everything was working fine before I swapped the MC did this only because it was leaking, I guess the extra pressure caused the pin hole in the brake line and of course I had to mess with the ABS, should have left it alone.

Thanks again and hope this helps someone else.