General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do I change the front power outlet.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 08:50 PM
Default How do I change the front power outlet.

2017 Honda Accord LX

The front power outlet works intermittently. As in anything I plug into it will work at first then turns off after a few bumps. It is not the fuse. I can plug something (I tried several items) in it works but, if I pull on it towards the drivers seat, it will stop working. Either the socket is defective or the wiring behind it may be loose. The socket itself is cheap but I can't get to it. I can't even get the passenger side black kick panel off. Something is holding it at the spot the 2 cream panels come together. (See photo 2)

So, how do I take apart the center console to get to the back of the power outlet to pop it out?

Old 07-17-2021, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

1. Remove center console side trim. It is held in with clips. A non-marring plastic trim tools is recommended. Sometimes you can just pull out by hand.

2. Remove center pocket. Held in with 2 screws.

3. See step # 3 of instructions.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:30 PM

Thank you.

I already found a video yesterday.

The image in Step 3 is incorrect for my vehicle. The socket is mounted in the horizontal panel that has already been removed. You lift the panel from the snapon tabs then pull it out, then remove the socket as shown in the image.

It appears my power outlet is not original. It is of much lower quality then the rear one inside the center console. After I pick up a new one from the dealer, I'll take photos as I replace it and submit a DIY here.

Tabs were horizontal panel connect.