General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New here with a simple question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

The air-bleed screw is #13 in the picture. It has a hole through it, looks kinda like a brake bleed screw.

But like Dr.D says, it could be a few other things like ignition.

Attached Thumbnails New here with a simple question-1992-waterpump.gif  
Old 02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Ericthecarguy is a youtube channel on auto repair. He was an Acura/Honda master tech and has a lot of videos on how to do repairs. One of his videos on bleeding the air from the coolant is on a mid-90s accord that is similar to yours. A large percentage of his videos are use Honda/Acura vehicles.

Check for engine/transmission codes. Go to the common DIY thread on top of the gen tech help forum and open the CEL (check engine light) code retrieval.

If you bought a Honda engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT sensor), go ahead and install it after you drain the coolant. Just keep the original one in case an issue with the new one pops up.

The one piece of advice for DIY car repair is to diagnose the issue before assuming your problem/fix is the same as someone else's from a different thread. It will make you a better troubleshooter and save you money in the long run.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:21 PM

PAhonda...Ericthecarguy is a youtube channel on auto repair. He was an Acura/Honda master tech and has a lot of videos on how to do repairs. One of his videos on bleeding the air from the coolant is on a mid-90s accord that is similar to yours. A large percentage of his videos are use Honda/Acura vehicles.

I checked his video. That bleeder sure helps. They should do that on all cars! Thank you. His channel is pretty good!

Check for engine/transmission codes. Go to the common DIY thread on top of the gen tech help forum and open the CEL (check engine light) code retrieval.

I will check the DIY section. I am still new here, snooping around, learning the forum.

If you bought a Honda engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT sensor), go ahead and install it after you drain the coolant. Just keep the original one in case an issue with the new one pops up.

I did install it. No, it didn't make a difference. Just seems to be when the temp drops below freezing out, is when it gets harder to start up, for the first start on the day. The prior owner replace the fuel lines. Pressure line...etc.

The one piece of advice for DIY car repair is to diagnose the issue before assuming your problem/fix is the same as someone else's from a different thread. It will make you a better troubleshooter and save you money in the long run.

Yes, you are absolutely right. The car runs great. I must admit, I am very happy. I just need to figure out the start issue when its really cold out! Once it is started up, it will start after that all day long with no problem. Still kind of lost.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by TonyPa
Juat bought my first Honda. Must admit, pretty impressed with this car. ...
It has 180k on it ... 1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2 Automatic.
Welcome to the club, TonyPa. My '92 5spd has 248,000; nice heater. Classic design, imo.
Misc info - if your trunk starts getting damp in the rain it might be the seals around the tail lights.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 AM
Administrator
Default Welcome To The Forums..

Looks like your getting all the good information for your problem.
Thank You for joining up with us.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-23-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by UhOh
Welcome to the club, TonyPa. My '92 5spd has 248,000; nice heater. Classic design, imo.
Misc info - if your trunk starts getting damp in the rain it might be the seals around the tail lights.
Thanks UhOh! Thats odd you brought that up. The onwer I bought it off of, I know on a personal level. He let me know that he sealed up the taillights so the trunk didn't get wet. I did give him an odd look. LOL
I am at 185K, I hope to get many more miles. The trans fluid is very clean, all new timing belt, head gasket etc. And no rust. Odd for my area!

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Looks like your getting all the good information for your problem.
Thank You for joining up with us.

WheelBrokerAng
Thank you WheelBrokerAng!! I am looking forward to a long time with this Accord. I see they sale a lot of goodies for this car.
I haven't put any thought yet into modifying at all. I am afraid to hurt the dependability!