General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Hand Brake, No ABS and no TCS lights on dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Default No Hand Brake, No ABS and no TCS lights on dashboard

Hi, I need a little help here, I just bought a 2003 Accord Coupe, and I am no mechanic, so I just ran a scanner and found code U0121, then reading the forum a found to do a "self diagnose" of the instrument panel and one thing a noticed is that the lights for ABS, Breaks and TCS are always OFF, I should have notice before the purchase,but it is done, so I wonder is there a way to someone disconnect those lights? so I can revert it and make them work in order to diagnose and repair them? I first look at the fuses and all of them look OK to me and complete, also found 2 or 3 fuses with cables attached to them under the drivers fuse box, I didn't want to disconnect something in case that I can broke something else, I will see if I can post a picture of it, also I noticed that the car has an aftermarket alarm atached, so a lot of wiring is below that fuse box, the seller told me that was the original honda alarm, the control looks like honda so I believe him, the car has 253000 kms so is not new, but it is in fair condition to the age, I plan to restore the seats and all the missing parts.

Thanks!

Old 08-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

U0121 is a communication error between the ABS control module and the PCM. The problem could be the wiring between the ABS control module and the PCM. You may want to check the connection at the ABS control module for any obvious corrosion and also look at the wiring near the connectors for any obvious damage.

Most people would suggest replacing the abs control module, but you risk wasting money and not solving the problem if the real problem is the wiring.

I'd recommend purchasing the shop manual for your car. automanualsource.com has the 03 accord shop manual for ~$22 as a pdf. That will help you most diagnosis and will pay for itself after the first DIY repair.