General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Parking Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 09:50 AM
kfc
Newest Of Newbies
Default Parking Light Question

I was recharging my AC on my 94 Accord yesterday and I noticed the passenger side parking light was on. The switch was off and all other parking lights were off. The things I modified electrically were to install underglow LED lighting and I am now using LED headlights, but these were done months ago and I am sure I would have noticed the parking light coming on if it happened right after I made these changes. Also, the warning sound when you open the door with the lights on is no longer sounding. I am not sure if this happened when I just change the headlight LEDs. I did disconnect the underglow LED lighting and the problem with the parking light persists. Any advice what to troubleshoot first? Thanks

Old 04-09-2021, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

You will need to determine what is powering the parking light all the time. A test light and a volt meter will be useful tools to track down electrical issues.

Can you verify the wire colors going to that bulb are red/blk and blk?

Start with the simplest test. Remove the #32 fuse in the engine bay fuse box (15A). and see if the parking light turns off.

Where/how did you tie into your electrical to get the LED headlights installed?

Old 04-12-2021, 12:29 PM
kfc
Newest Of Newbies

This problem has been solved. I narrowed down the possible problem to the integrated light control unit. I went to Pull-a-Part and got another one. I replaced it and the parking light functions correctly now. Also the warning sound when I open the door and the keys are removed and the lights are on is now working. I open the original light control unit box and inspected the PCB and it looked to be in good shape. I did not see any corrosion.

Original Integrated Light Control Unit

Original Integrated Light Control Unit PCB

Old 04-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

The picture is hard to tell if you have cracked solder joints. I circled some solder joints that look suspect, but that could be the reflection from the solder.

Someone on here in the future could try redoing solder joints and let us know what you find.

Glad you narrowed down the issue and got it fixed.