General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

PGM-FI light diagnostic code P16CF

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 07:03 AM
Exclamation PGM-FI light diagnostic code P16CF

Hi all I am a new member and apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section but I am hopeless after struggling to fix a problem for three weeks.
After having the light PGM-FI on my dash unexpectedly, I have conducted a diagnostic test and got the code P16CF on my Honda Accord 2008 Diesel. From my own research I am aware the issue is with the 'Rocker Arm Solenoid Valve 2' control circuit, and I need to check the wiring for exposure, corrosion etc. I am happy to replace the valve itself however I cannot locate it in my vehicle and couldn't find any diagrams within manuals. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Do you know the engine size or the engine number on your accord? For example, my TSX is a K24A2 gasoline engine.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Do you know the engine size or the engine number on your accord? For example, my TSX is a K24A2 gasoline engine.
Yes. It is a 2.2i-DTEC Diesel Engine.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not familiar with diesel engines, but the dtec controls the variable valve timing on that engine, so the controls have to be on the cylinder head or on the engine block near the cylinder head. I attached a picture of a 2.2 i-dtec engine. I think the yellow circle is the valve control. It will be on the side of the engine with the transmission. That green connector may be the pressure sensor/switch or maybe the solenoid. It could also be the red circle, but it doesn't look correct to me.

I may be wrong about this and maybe someone else will chime in.

If you can find the part online, then you should be able to verify. You should be able to verify if you know the wire colors for the control valve.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

We don't have diesel Accord in the United States. Based on an internet search regarding Honda trouble code P16CF, it refers to something different for Hondas overseas.

Fro example, at this google translated site and several others, P16CF can be an issue with circuits related to the glow plug control box, glow plug # 2, and ECM.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue