General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Cluster Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 PM

finally found that. Ground is perfectly fine. Was fastened securely and there was no signs of corrosion amd all the wires were intact.

Last edited by redbull-1; 08-26-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: inference to profanity deleted.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

I read of a hack that some people do to get power to the power windows if there is no power going to the power windows and the power window relay is good. I believe it is where they use a wire to connect power directly to the relay; so, the relay (normally open) closes to allow power through to all the windows. It should be the relay terminal where the Yel/Grn wire connects.

I personally have never tried to do such. So, you have to be sure which is the correct terminal. -- You would probably want to remove the jumper wire after the windows are closed if you're successful. Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk. I am just throwing thoughts out there.

Attached Thumbnails Power Cluster Window Problem-power-window-relay.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 PM

so run a wire from my battery and wrap it around a relay prong then put the relay back in the fuse box turn my key to on and then roll my windows up? if thats correct im gonna at least try it because its about to start pouring rain again.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah; but, it has to be the correct relay prong. Also, an in-line fuse would be better; but, for the sake of a quick try, you may be okay.

This should work, if the other fuses, the relay and wiring is okay.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM

an inline fuse so one thats in the fuse box under the hood? i dont remember the exact number but i have my box cover in my car.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

An in-line fuse is just a fuse holder with a fuse connected to a separate piece of wire to use as the jumper wire. You probably don't have that lying around, I only mentioned it, as it would be safer than just connecting a wire that is not fused.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 PM

redbull-1 i love you!! if i could i would give you a kiss (no homo) I just got my windows rolled up right before it started raining again with lightning going off over my head in a furious manner. i just ran a wire from my battery to fuse 26 and 25 and was able to roll up my rear and front windows. I just wish i had thught of doing that earlier before it rained the first time and filled my car with water lol. ok so now my windows are up but i tried them after i took the direct wire off and they wouldnt budge. so all the fuses work and the relay is good and the ground is fine, im terrible with electrical issues. i dont know where else this could all go wrong. what should i check next?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

You're issues does sound very different. I am not sure at this moment. I have to think about and study the circuit diagrams more. You may have to check various wires with a voltmeter though to try to narrow things down. It might not be tonight before I have any more suggestions to check.

Are the battery power and ground cables okay?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 PM

yeah the battery power and the the ground look good and there is no corrosion on either. thank you so much for your help!!!! Now that you helped me get my windows up you can take all the time you need i have a voltmeter and would be able to check wires. now figuring out which wires to check may get a little complicated.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Later, I might be able to guide you on which wires to check. It might be a bunch of wires though. Probably, not today as I am getting tired.

Quick Reply: Power Cluster Window Problem