General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Putting Sirius in a 2003 LX

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: Putting Sirius in a 2003 LX

I have a Clarion Sirius head unit, and I can tell you why you DON'T want a head unit.....

Once you get hooked on satellite radio, you'll want a way to listen to it indoors, or in another car. Sirius charges you by the receiver, so it's much smarter to have a portable receiver that can be used in the car w/ stock radio OR in the house witha home adapter. You pay for the programming like cable TV - why limit the amount of time you can listen to it? Or, why pay for two receivers?

I love Sirius, andmy next goal is to buy a portable receiver and a home listening dock for it.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Thanks man.

I am already a Sirius addict. I bought it to be able to listen to at work, wanting all the music and NBA... but I fell in love with howard stern (never woulda thunk it)

actuallyt, due to a billing glitch, i havent paid the monthly fee since back in july. so i have put off biting the bullet... i hated toting the unit from my car into my office constantly (and signing up for online listening, i will have to come out of the woodwork and pay again )

so i will just get a head unit and suffer the cost, because i love sirius and think its worth the cost.

got a picture or link to yours?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 AM

My Clarion radio is now about three years old, so no one sells the exact model anymore. Anyway, it's just a basic aftermarket radio. The head unit controls a satellite receiver that I put under the passenger seat. It's connected to the radio via a special cable. The antenna sits atop the passenger side B-pillar, and the cable is routed under the door weatherstripping, and plugs into the satellite receiver under the seat. My only recommendation now would be to find a radio with a large display, because it'll show you who's playing and the name of the song. I do like having everything integrated into the head unit. If you want to keep Sirius, just make sure to geta Sirius compatible head unit - some brands are XM or Sirius specific. I bought mine through Crutchfield and got a package deal for thehead unit, satellite receiver and antenna.