General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rear Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation

What is the scanning the code number for if wheel bearing needs attention or fix or to be replace?

What is scan code nbr for power steering wheel hose on subframe that need attention, need to be fix, need to be repaced? Thank u!

Originally Posted by shipo
No, you can use any aftermarket part made to fit your car.

I have no idea what you are asking; can you please rephrase the question.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

There wouldn't be a code specific for a bad wheel bearing or a power steering issue.

Strictly mechanical issues have to be inspected.

Codes are set when a component monitored electronically by the engine computer gives a value that is out of range. A code means that the sensor, what the sensor is detecting, wiring, or the computer could be an issue. A code really gives you an idea of where to start testing and does not mean to simply replace the sensor.

Some examples the computer monitors are crank position sensor, map sensor, O2 sensor, abs sensor, ignition control module.

The common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum has a link to online shop manuals to download as a free pdf. The 1994 accord is almost identical to your 97 accord with some slight differences. It helps a lot when doing testing.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:17 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Interesting to know ! Ok when I told that bearing and abs modular assembly need to be replaced. I ask for the mechanic report to prove that is causing state inspection failure. Service advisor did not even show me any document! How do I know if they are telling me truth? Also why the honda service ctr refused to show me scanning codes when they were also doing service maintenance recommendation at 97,500.

Originally Posted by PAhonda
There wouldn't be a code specific for a bad wheel bearing or a power steering issue.

Codes are set when a component monitored electronically by the engine computer gives a value that is out of range. A code means that the sensor, what the sensor is detecting, wiring, or the computer could be an issue. A code really gives you an idea of where to start testing and does not mean to simply replace the sensor.

Some examples the computer monitors are crank position sensor, map sensor, O2 sensor, abs sensor, ignition control module.

The common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum has a link to online shop manuals to download as a free pdf. The 1994 accord is almost identical to your 97 accord with some slight differences. It helps a lot when doing testing.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Newest Of Newbies

No my car is 2003 LX v6, not 97.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Put your car's information in your signature, so we know what vehicle you own. I read the first post on the thread. I didn't realize you posted later on. I'd recommend starting your own threads in the future to prevent this from happening.

Is your check engine light on, or abs light on?

Old 12-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Put your car's information in your signature, so we know what vehicle you own. I read the first post on the thread. I didn't realize you posted later on. I'd recommend starting your own threads in the future to prevent this from happening.

Is your check engine light on, or abs light on?
It is ABS TCS Tri! Icon, three lights on. There is no other lights on. What are possible cause for it?

Last edited by rubyshop; 01-04-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

As I wrote on the previous page, pretty much any aftermarket part made for you car will do. Simply drive down to your local NAPA, AutoZone, CARQUEST, ..., and buy what you need.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shipo
As I wrote on the previous page, pretty much any aftermarket part made for you car will do. Simply drive down to your local NAPA, AutoZone, CARQUEST, ..., and buy what you need.
Someone actually spelled CARQUEST the correct way.....all caps

Old 01-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
Someone actually spelled CARQUEST the correct way.....all caps
Honestly, I cannot take credit for it, Spell Checker autocorrected it to all caps.