General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Reverse Gear Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

See the link's instructions.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies

How long does the process take? Should I do it tonight or tomorrow?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

That is up to you.

Remove the lower dash panel cover should only take a few minutes for someone doing it the first time. Then take one or two clear photos of the wiring at the 24-P white connector. Then post the photo. I will add a note to which wire on the photo.

From there, you can splice into the wire today or another day. Take your time.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The images are in this album;
http://imgur.com/UTi2jvK,CZ30kn7,fcS...sj75Dn,2aSpjOt
Alright I will remove it tonight then; however, I want to point out that in the instructions of the monitor it states "The power supply for the monitor should be a supply that comes on with the ignition. A low amp fuse should be used to protect the monitor. It should never be directly connected to the car battery." And for the receiver (Both the receiver and monitor need to be powered up in the dashboard area) "The power should be turned on from shifting into reverse"
However, I doubt that the monitor being connected to the reverse wire rather than the ignition, probably will make it last longer in reality.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

The green wire in the attached picture should be terminal no. 23 - grn wire: back-up.

The wire right next to it should be Blu/Blk. Blu/Blk is blue with a black stripe running through it.

Attached Thumbnails Reverse Gear Wiring?-24-white-connector.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

The green back-up wire is only powered with the ignition in ON or START, and in reverse. In addition the back-up circuit is protected by under-dash Fuse No. 21 (7.5A). It does run through the multiplex integrated control unit (micu) in the dash fuse box though.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The green wire in the attached picture should be terminal no. 23 - grn wire: back-up.

The wire right next to it should be Blu/Blk. Blu/Blk is blue with a black stripe running through it.
So should I take both wires (The wireless receiver and the LCD monitor and strip the green one and intertwine them? How can I go about keeping them tied together? Electric tape? Thanks

Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know what your installation wiring instructions are.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I need to connect the wiring from the monitor (a positive copper insulated wire with a tip uninsulated) to the reverse wiring; I also need to connect the wiring from the wireless receiver from the reverse camera to the reverse wiring. Can I just wire them both to the same spot? Lastly, the instructions state;
The power supply for the monitor should be a supply that comes on with the ignition. A low amp fuse should be used to protect the monitor. It should never be directly connected to the car battery." Is that alright? Thank you!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Can you upload or link pdf installation instructions for the equipment being hooked up?

Quick Reply: Reverse Gear Wiring?