General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Serious brake issues again

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Default Serious brake issues again

hi everyone I have a 1994 Honda accord that will not stop! I've had to add a little break fluid here in there for the last couple of months, however now, it throws it all out when I press the brake pedal which in turn goes all the way to the floor like A hot knife through butter. I leaned down to see if I could tail where I was losing brake fluid from and I thought it was my drivers rear brake line or something but upon closer examination I see that I was wrong. The brake fluid isn't Spraying from the brake but from the metal(?)line that the brake hoses connect to which runs across from wheel to wheel. There seems to be a rusted hole Andis metal line. I have no idea what this line is called in order to order it and no amount of Google searches can't help me either. I'm here because I went to advance auto parts and explained what I just explained to you, however the guy in there decided to make fun of me rather than help me as he had to go find the other employee and give him a laugh and then tell a buddy who came in.
I ever so politely walked over to them with tears in my eyes and " excuse me, look kid, I'm sorry I don't know the name of the part I need but I can promise you that I didn't get up this morning planning to come here and be made to feel worse than I already do. You see it's the first brand new car my husband ever bought me and even though I've had many since, he kept it in the garage all these years to keep it the way it was. He died in a motorcycle crash not too long ago and I was just trying to fix the brakes back like they were but thanks to You guys I think I'm gonna go home and when I wake up tomorrow I'll just go get my part from Oriellys But not before I blast you 3 guys from Advance on facebook and instagram. Enjoy your party, it's on me."

Old 08-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

I suggest going to hondapartsnow.com to get the OEM part number for your vehicle. The OEM parts could be different depending on the trim (LX,DX,EX) or transmission or if it is a sedan or coupe.

I think the part you are describing is a brake pipe. It will be brake pipe A, B, C, etc. depending on the leaking line(s). If you are doing the repair yourself, the plastic pieces holding the brake pipe can be a pain to remove. You may have some luck spraying them with WD-40, but you may have to get replacement plastic pieces.