General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Solar Powered Car Fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by dgp1961
Well not sure if this is spam or not but a few years back their used to be a commerical on the tube for a little fan you hang in your drivers window with the window opened a few inches. It was like a solar powered type thing I believe and supposed to blow the hot air out of the car. In theory I suppose it may work...Just one of those 19.99 specials but if you act in the next 10 minutes.......Just crack a few windows that's all and if you have a sunroof pop that...Heat rises...
Ya I always have the windows cracked and the sun roof open a little bit but the car is black It gets so hot in there. Im getting the ac finally checked out on Wednesday so hopefully nothing major is wrong with it.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I remember those fans you hang in a window and they run off solar cells. Sounded like a neat idea but when I saw one for real in the store it looked kinda cheaply made.
Ya those are the ones im talking about. I read some reviews on them and a lot of people do not like them and they say they dont work at all. Some people did say that it worked but I also read if the windows are tinted it may not work

Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Crack the windows and get some vent shades. Like was said earlier heat rises. You have to crack at least two windows or a window and sunroof to get a cross ventilation

Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sonu
If you want to awesome down your vehicle's internal before generating it, just open the gates and delay a few minutes. When you start generating, keep the windows down instead of decent the AC.
Originally Posted by Silver6gen
it seems like someone used google translate to make the post haha
Yep.

Let's see:
awesome ~ cool
internal ~ interior
gates ~ doors
delay ~ wait
generating ~ ?
decent ~ ?

Originally Posted by Sonu translator
If you want to cool down your vehicle's interior before generating (?) it, just open the doors and wait a few minutes. When you start generating (?), keep the windows down instead of decent (?) the AC.