General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Speedometer gauge installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM
RussianBear22
Unregistered
Default Speedometer gauge installation

Hi. I have bought the new speedometer gauge from ebay and tried to install it yesterday. Taking needles out and unscrewing everything was not a problem but I amnot sure how I am supposed to take out the actual stock speedometer gauges because they dont have any screws on them and they are just stuck in place. I didn't want to damage them or anything but unfortunately I some what bended a little bit the speed gauge and know the back of the needle scratches it so it doesn’t go up and down smoothly.

Also the custom gauges have their own power source. There is an on off switch witch must be attached to the dash board in order for the new gauges to work. There are 2 wires one is black (ground) and another one is red (power). It says the power one must be connected to the power source of the dash board or to the outlet for cell phone charge and that kind of stuff. I have no idea where the dash power source is since there are a lot of wires in there and i dont want to make anything custom that stretches down all the way to the gear shifter (that’s where the other power thing is). So if anyone installed this or knows how to please post some instructions because the once they sent with the product were really gay.