General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tenrai Springs Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
darknessfalling90
Unregistered
Default RE: Tenrai Springs Any Good?

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Run the part numbers through froogle.comfor comparison prices. Best suspension bang for your buck is the rear swaybar.

Best suspension would have both sways, shocks springs and every reinforcement that you can find.
Im not worried about best handling just yet. Im short on cash, and just trying to get whats needed. The front passanger side strut is sqweeking real bad (I assume thats what it is, as the cv boot looks clean, no rips or anything, and it only sqweeks when it compresses/decompresses). In stead of spending ~$70 on one strut, I just ordered all 4 KYBs for $180 shipped. Im going to try using the springs that are on there now, untill I can afford to get the TEINs. Unless they really are bad too, then Ill have to.

Ive never done suspension work before. What tools will I need besides a spring compressor? Was going to gotomorrow to get the stuff I need.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, if you think it won't take too long to get the $$$ for the springs, I'd say to wait and get everything that you need. It will save you a lot of work doing it that way. If you change out the shocks and springs together, they come out and go in as a unit, rather than compressing the spring to get the new shock in.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 AM

Yeah, wait until you have everything. Also, check Tein's website and read their page on counterfeit Tein springs sold on eBay and how to tell if they're fake.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
darknessfalling90
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: finch13

Yeah, wait until you have everything. Also, check Tein's website and read their page on counterfeit Tein springs sold on eBay and how to tell if they're fake.
Will do. Thanks for that.

Its going to be at least a month before I can afford springs though, at least any decent ones. Mine seem to be in ok shape from looking at them. I would wait, but the shocks are real bad. Car is wobbly as hell on the highway, or anything over45 really.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Aswell as sway bars, look into a good camber kit.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM

Post a signature with car info please