General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Terrible technician tinkering

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 02:17 PM
Default Terrible technician tinkering

I’ve got a 2011 eighth generation accord that crashed. Lost the front bumper, the right light and fender, and all blinkers / hazard lights. I pulled everything damaged off which included a bit of mangled light harness. At a salvage yard I was able to pick up a new fender and headlight off a slightly older car. When I went to wire it up it was mostly plug and play… there was a little discrepancy between the ground wires I had where I had like the numbers of black with hash and black was different but I just treated them like grounds and hooked it up… I replaced my blown front right light fuse and had my headlights again. Brights work too.
that left me looking almost right but no hazards and no blinkers.
found my hazard fuse underneath the hood and saw it was blowd up.
Replaced and now I have
hazards on the rear only…
high speed blinkers on the rear only…
I’m not seeing anymore blown fuses as the lights all turn on at some point too…
and I can’t find a reason for the left side not to work either…

anyone got some troubleshooting ideas for me?
Im drowning in not my exact problem YT videos 😵‍💫

Old 03-29-2023, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

The turn signal and hazard are the same bulb and wires. Think of the hazards as having the left and right turn signal on at the same time.

For a bulb to not work, you either have no power, no ground, or a bad bulb. Unplug the turn signal bulb connector. The left side has a blue and black wire. The right side is green and a black wire. Blu or Grn are power (12V) and black is ground. Check that you don't have blown bulbs. Use a volt meter or test light connected to a good ground and test the blu and grn wire with the hazards turned on. The voltage should jump from zero to ~12V. If you have a test light, the bulb should blink and is a better test.